Reviews for Hill Street Char Kway Teow

3.8

AsianChineseLocal
Address: #01-41, Bedok South Market and Food Centre, 16 Bedok South Road, 460016

Good Char Kway Teow in Bedok South!

My colleagues and I were in a car and as we were driving off from the office, we debated where to go for lunch. Someone mentioned ‘Char Kway Teow’ and it triggered my taste buds. I promptly recommended this stall at Bedok South Hawker Centre. All were in agreement and we headed there. There was a queue of 8 people, and I waited about 15 minutes for my turn. Prices are $3.50 or $4. I ordered the $4 for myself, without chilli. The original elderly stall owner has now retired due to health problems and now his son has taken over. Tasting the noodles, I can detect slight differences between now and the one I had 2 years ago. The yellow noodles and kway teow is now pre-fried together with the bean sprouts in a second wok which is then scooped into containers on a shelf before passing over to the son who toils at the main wok. This could help alleviate the cooking time and allow the stall to clear more customers. In the main wok where the son is frying the noodles, the noodles are heated up, before oil is added to fry the egg. Lap Cheong (preserved Chinese sausage) and cockles are added, and then cut chives. Back at the table, I took a whiff of the noodles before tucking in. The whiff of the noodles brought me back to my younger days and the taste was still hits the mark. My colleague loved it, so did I. Recommended!
• 11 Feb 2015 • 484 reviews • 4 followers

Good Char Kway Teow in Bedok South!

• Store Front
• 24 Dec 2014 • 7 reviews • 0 follower

still best for me

Overall
It's moderately moist, ample 'hum' and 'lup chiong' that balances the taste .... Best cha kway teow!
• 26 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 2 followers

Store Not Found - Address changed?

Overall
This food centre had recently renovated. Store and address cannot be found. anyone can advice of the new addre