Summary

Char Kway Teow, original version., The black View all
Lunch, After Work, Dinner, Cheap Eat/Budget, Vibrant/Noisy View all

bad service by bald hawker

This hawker is very rude, when it was my turn to queue, I said "uncle, 大的炒果条“, he told me "Bo liao", disappointed, I walked away, only to find that he was frying for another customer behind me. So I confronted him, and he said "i dun like ur face, so i dun cook"

Most helpful reviews for Hill Street Char Kway Teow

Good Char Kway Teow in Bedok South!

My colleagues and I were in a car and as we were driving off from the office, we debated where to go for lunch. Someone mentioned ‘Char Kway Teow’ and it triggered my taste buds. I promptly recommended this stall at Bedok South Hawker Centre. All were in agreement and we headed there.

There was a queue of 8 people, and I waited about 15 minutes for my turn.

Prices are $3.50 or $4.

I ordered the $4 for myself, without chilli.

The original elderly stall owner has now retired due to health problems and now his son has taken over. Tasting the noodles, I can detect slight differences between now and the one I had 2 years ago.

The yellow noodles and kway teow is now pre-fried together with the bean sprouts in a second wok which is then scooped into containers on a shelf before passing over to the son who toils at the main wok. This could help alleviate the cooking time and allow the stall to clear more customers.

In the main wok where the son is frying the noodles, the noodles are heated up, before oil is added to fry the egg. Lap Cheong (preserved Chinese sausage) and cockles are added, and then cut chives.

Back at the table, I took a whiff of the noodles before tucking in. The whiff of the noodles brought me back to my younger days and the taste was still hits the mark.

My colleague loved it, so did I.

Recommended!

still best for me

It's moderately moist, ample 'hum' and 'lup chiong' that balances the taste .... Best cha kway teow!

Store Not Found - Address changed?

This food centre had recently renovated. Store and address cannot be found. anyone can advice of the new address

Excellent Char Kway Teow for another generation

Went down on Saturday and was surprised to see a young chap cooking instead of the older uncle. After some googling, found out it was uncle's son, the 2nd generation!! God bless us all!! Queue was super long, waited 30mins and was very very pleased with his cooking. It was delicious and very close to his dad's cooking. What more can i say? Going to go back again definitely.

Dunman food centre #01-05 char kwey teow is better

Taste so so only, the char kwey teow at dunman food centre #01-05, one of us cuisine is much better then this