Review for Himawari Japanese Restaurant (Orchid Country Club)

2.6

AsianJapanese
Address: #02-02, Driving Range Unit, 1 Orchid Club Road, 769162

+65 6884 6884
07 Jun 2014
Overall

Expensive & slow svc over wkend

I have eaten at many other Japanese buffets in sg and this is one that will be in an absolute mad rush on the weekends. help yourself in clearing the dishes and be sure to hound them on your orders,else they will be served to someone else by mistake.

More reviews of Himawari Japanese Restaurant

Overall

Nice Jap food surrounded by greens!

Located in Orchid Country Club, amidst a sea of green, Himawari offers a peaceful and serene ambience for some nice Jap food. Was there with the family, all 9 of us, on a Sunday for lunch. Place was about half filled and peaceful. Food was pretty ok but the quiet serenity and family makes it a great meal experience.
Overall

Surprise party totally ruined by poor service mentality of one male serving staff!!!

Organized a surprise dinner (that cost me about S$1,000) for my wife birthday but it was totally ruined by an idiotic male staff with a 3rd world service mentality and who simply refused to understand nor speak English and end up ruining all the surprise elements which we had painstakingly planned to excite my wife. Wrote about my painful experience to the Japanese owner and he simply careless to even respond.
Overall

Overall decent buffet, but lacking in service

To its credit, the Sashimi platter that came made up for what we suffered in the service aspect. The portions were generous, as can be seen from here, all thickly sliced and succulent. The fish was fresh and at the ice-cold temperature I like my sashimi to be.

For more, visit http://herpenandfork.blogspot.sg/2014/03/review-buffet-at-himawari-occ.html

Sashimi Lover fall in!

The restaurant is cosy and overlooking the golf driving range.

The first items we have ordered is none other than sashimi. Though not the top grade, it's value for money as it is free flow and thick pieces. The beef shabu shabu, it's very decent as well.

The value is maximised as we have a gruopon deal, which include free flow of drinks when this is chargeable if not cos of groupon.

Teriyaki sause is a tad too salty, but the salt grilled whole saba is awesome!

If you can wallop a huge load of sashimi and beef, yes u should come here!