Back to Hogs Bar Restaurant382 Joo Chiat Road

Carol Ann Therese-Gabriella Teo
 • 07 Jul 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Was walking around KATONG at 10pm on a weekday night craving for aglio olio with my other half and couldn't manage to find any in the other restaurants bcz they were alr closed and past their last orders. Stumbled upon this shop that we always walk pass on our way back to his place and we saw they served food at this hour and went in with the hopes of bar food. WE WERE TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!

the food here is CRAZY good. Five star standard really!!! Ordered the aglio olio with bacon and mushrooms for myself and it was SUPER GENEROUS with lots of super tender bacon and mushrooms mmhmm and the spaghetti noodles were cooked al dante!

Mac and Cheese was beyond good. LIKE EXCELLENT HOMAGAWD THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE I've tasted in my entire life HAHAHAHA. they use generous amounts of european cheese so much that you can taste the difference. It's not just the usual cheddar. SO SO SO GOOD.

Mushroom soup was SPECTACULAR without being too jelat. Just the right texture and amount of mI shrooms without being too heavy on the palette or stomach. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Will be back to try the all day breakfast and truffle fries!!!!!

After Work, Brunch, Dinner, Hidden Find, Night Out, Premier League Screening, Supper

Celine Asril
 • 06 Jun 2014 264 reviews 9 followers
Overall
Ocean Kingdom Seafood Restaurant is no more (as is the Cider Pit). In it's place, Hog's Bar - "a biker- and non-biker-friendly" bar and restaurant that serves what you'd expect bikers would eat, plus lattes. This, then, is a great place for hangover food until 3pm - here is the bacon Benedict ($14), with poached eggs and nicely toasted muffins. The American Breakfast ($20) is a monstrous plate of pancake, homemade chicken nuggets, potato hash, bacon steak (tastes like bak kwa) and three scrambled eggs, while the salty (but good) homemade corned beef and potato hash ($16) could use some slices of toast. There are ten TV screens showing sports, and a pool table, if you need to stretch a little. The menu switches to one with a big selection of burgers after 3pm.

Must tries: The american breakfast, homemade corned beef and potato hash

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Supper
  • homemade corned beef and potato hash
  • American breakfast