Reviews for Hong Mei Western Delight (Bedok North)

AsianChineseHainanese
Dr XYZ

Affordable and good

The black peppered chops are good. I especially like the pork chop version. Not too tough on the teeth. Gotta try them if you like grounded black pepper like me.
03 Mar 2013 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Affordable and good

10 Mar 2009 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Gone On Holiday, they'll be back 17March09

Hi Foodies,

The owners of Hong Mei Western Delights at Bedok will be away on a short holiday, from 09 March 09 to 16 March 09. Business will resume on the 17th, so please come try their cooking. Since they're away, I can't take any photos as yet :D

Needless to say, my teenagers are counting the days till Jeffrey and Janet get back.
05 Mar 2009 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

The Most Delicious and CHEAP Western Food

To the 3 reviewers who mentioned the Nice Uncle and Aunty ... Their NAMES are Jeffrey and Janet. *wide grin*

My family of four go to Hong Mei Western Delight for our weekend fix of western food. I have also brought overseas visitors (from England and America) as well as local friends for dinner, and EVERY ONE OF THEM enjoyed Jeffrey's dishes. Janet is an obliging sweetheart who is very chatty, kind-hearted and tries to take care of everyone she meets *giggle*

Their food does not only taste fantastic, but the prices are also VERY reasonable and the service is of course, most excellent. Where can you get a dish of chicken cutlet (or 1 pork chop, or a piece of fish) with rice for less than $3? I love the fact that they have mix-n-match dishes, which came about, I believe, from the numerous customers unable to make up their mind which dish they love most ... *grin* Janet and Jeffrey are most obliging, happily catering to those who want their western food with RICE. I am one of those.

The chicken and pork chops are pretty good, and the accompanying sauce is so tasty, it left two of my English friends licking their fingers and digging them into the sauce bowl to finish what was left. I prefer their cutlets - chicken, pork and fish, and lamb chops, all with rice, of course. One of the reviewers likes Janet's mayo, and yes, so do we. Absolutely fattening, but OH SO YUMMY. They make their mayo themselves by the way.

Its a good place to bring visitors for a meal which won't burn a hole in your pocket. My family of four doesn't spend more than $20, and mind you, I have hungry teenagers who eat A LOT. Eating at Jeffrey and Janet's Western Food is helluva lot CHEAPER than having a meal at McDonald's or KFC. You have to try their food. Its really, really value for money and best of all, the food is DELICIOUS.

Photos will be uploaded once I've gone for my weekend fix .. it has never occurred to me to photograph them, but I shall do it this weekend.