Review for Restaurant Hoshigaoka (Shaw House) (星冈茶寮)

3.3

AsianJapanese
Address: #04-00, Shaw House, 350 Orchard Road, 238868
16 Jun 2011
Overall

Excuse me miss, why is my watermelon crushed?

When i steeped in, I was very well recieved by its staff, sat down at a nice table and ordered my food. Two things was bad already: 1, they tried to seat me near a very large group of people when most of the restaurant is empty, second, the food was so expensive!!!!

OK, after ordering the food came in pretty fast, i tasted the sashimi. It was 1, rubbery in a wierd sort of way, 2. NOT FRESH AT ALLOverall, im not impressed with them. Not going back there again

More reviews of Restaurant Hoshigaoka

Overall

Good Food , Good Service !

Wrote a review of my dining experience , you may visit my blog at :

I hope this is of help !
Overall

Hidden Place which should be explored

If you are looking for mid-range Japanese food, you should not miss this. I like it quiet and the price is pretty friendly. Shashimi is pretty fresh and they have a good variety of sets & ala carte for your to choose from. Good place for family meals, friends catch up and even business lunch.

Good set lunches deal

Finally I got a chance to try it last week. I have in mind this is just another Japanese restaurant at Orchard Rd which can be quite pricey. Well, if the quality of food justifies the price, I absolutely do not mind.

Went in and looked at the set lunches menu an to my surprise, they are under $20! Food is pretty fresh & nicely presented.

I ordered the grilled beef set with 3 pcs of sashimi. It's indeed value for money!

Am not too impressed with the ala carte maki I ordered. $11.90 for 6 small pcs...hm...I will reconsider the next time.

Worst Japanese food I've ever had in Singapore

I went there twice since it is less crowded and a bit less expensive than the other Japanese restaurant next to it.  Now I decided I will not go to there again.  The price looks cheaper than the other Japanese restaurant, but the difference would be a couple of dollars.  Ridiculously Hoshigaoka charges 2.1 SGD for a lukewarm miso soup, which literally has nothing in it (no tofu or seaweed whatsoever --- only miso).  I really recommend going to the other Japanese restaurant next to it for a decent meal.

Worst service I've ever experienced

They sat us swiftly & then it's downhill from there. Staff were too busy sitting guests than taking orders. What really annoyed us.. They ignored us every time we called for them..suffice to say we left without eating Won't be back for sure.