Back to Hua Long Fish Head Steamboat#01-2142, 347 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3

Dawn Lee 594
 • 08 Jul 2014 17 reviews 33 followers
Overall
Enjoy Restaurant quality food at coffeeshop prices!!! Hua Long FIsh Head Steamboat has revamped and now serves delectable and innovative zi char dishes at very affordable prices.

Must try their fish head steamboat, very comforting and flavourful. Also their white beehoon on opeh leaf is awesome!!!

Read full reviews here: http://ilovedawn00.blogspot.sg/2014/07/food-review-hua-long-fish-head-steamboat.html

Must tries: fish steamboat, white beehoon on opeh leaf, lobster premium set, venison in red wine sauce

Birthdays, Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Take Away, Vibrant/Noisy

Chiu Yen Phua
 • 13 Aug 2012 240 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Hua Long - http://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/hua-long-fish-head-steamboat-%e5%8d%8e%e9%be%99%e9%b1%bc%e5%a4%b4%e7%82%89-amk/

It's a coffee shop zi char stall which serves pretty decent food.

I was early (5pm++). There weren't many customers at that time but the food still took quite some time.

The menu has lots of pictures so it's easy to choose what to eat.

Eat the honeydew prawn balls! Shiok and well presented.

All the dishes that I had were not too salty. I wasn't thirsty after the meal too. Worth the try! :)

Dinner, Vibrant/Noisy

combat wombat
 • 12 Aug 2010 175 reviews 103 followers
Overall
Checked out HGW extensively for a decent fish steamboat place near my house to satisfy the craving. Encouraged by cloudgal's review of the stall, we decided to check out Hua Long last week.

We ordered the red snapper steamboat, as well as a serving of tofu (the basic order does not come with it). The soup was flavourful without any hints of MSG, in fact we enjoyed the stock more than the fish steamboat we had at Tiong Bahru just the week before (cannot for the life of me remember the resto name).

This stall also sells a selection of zi char. In fact the table next to us were tucking into what looked like an excellent plate of dry fried hor fun. We actually went back to Hua Long the next day to order it. It was good, albeit a tad too oily.

The stall is located conveniently just across AMK Hub. Not much to say about the setting, except that it is quite nice sitting out there enjoying the light breeze and sound of the chatter of the old neighbourhood folks with their beer peng.

Must tries: Dry fried hor fun, fish steamboat

Supper, Cheap Eat/Budget