Reviews for Hua Long Fish Head Steamboat

AsianChineseLocalSingaporeanZi Char
Address: #01-2142, 347 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, 650347
08 Jul 2014
Overall

Enjoy restaurant quality food at affordable prices!

Enjoy Restaurant quality food at coffeeshop prices!!! Hua Long FIsh Head Steamboat has revamped and now serves delectable and innovative zi char dishes at very affordable prices.

Must try their fish head steamboat, very comforting and flavourful. Also their white beehoon on opeh leaf is awesome!!!

Read full reviews here: http://ilovedawn00.blogspot.sg/2014/07/food-review-hua-long-fish-head-steamboat.html
fish steamboat, white beehoon on opeh leaf, lobster premium set, venison in red wine sauce

More reviews of Hua Long Fish Head Steamboat

Honeydew prawn balls

Hua Long - http://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/hua-long-fish-head-steamboat-%e5%8d%8e%e9%be%99%e9%b1%bc%e5%a4%b4%e7%82%89-amk/

It's a coffee shop zi char stall which serves pretty decent food.

I was early (5pm++). There weren't many customers at that time but the food still took quite some time.

The menu has lots of pictures so it's easy to choose what to eat.

Eat the honeydew prawn balls! Shiok and well presented.

All the dishes that I had were not too salty. I wasn't thirsty after the meal too. Worth the try! :)

Good affordable fare

Checked out HGW extensively for a decent fish steamboat place near my house to satisfy the craving. Encouraged by cloudgal's review of the stall, we decided to check out Hua Long last week.

We ordered the red snapper steamboat, as well as a serving of tofu (the basic order does not come with it). The soup was flavourful without any hints of MSG, in fact we enjoyed the stock more than the fish steamboat we had at Tiong Bahru just the week before (cannot for the life of me remember the resto name).

This stall also sells a selection of zi char. In fact the table next to us were tucking into what looked like an excellent plate of dry fried hor fun. We actually went back to Hua Long the next day to order it. It was good, albeit a tad too oily.

The stall is located conveniently just across AMK Hub. Not much to say about the setting, except that it is quite nice sitting out there enjoying the light breeze and sound of the chatter of the old neighbourhood folks with their beer peng.

fish steamboat ze char

On a cold and wet evening, I dined here with my family. The coffeeshop had a pretty good crowd, mostly patronizing this ze char stall. There were reserved tables for the ze char stall even. As it gets later in the night, people can only wait for a table.

Mom ordered the pomfret steamboat ($32) with additional plate of chinese cabbage ($3) (tang-O sold out), har cheong gai (prawn paste chicken) ($10), hay zhor (prawn roll) ($8) and deep fried tofu with pork floss ($6).

Steamboat was ok, at least hardly any MSG as far as I am concerned. Fish was fresh. Har Cheong Gai was kinda salty. Hay Zhor was ok by normal ze char outlets standards. However, I normally will not order this dish as my personal preference is my mom's hay zhor (or even my own). Deep fried tofu with pork floss was ok too.

Food here is ok and I will return. Its also 'cos its convenient for me as its near home, just slight detour on the way home from work to tapao. The fish steamboat pricing is a tad expensive though.

Oh, Mom had been buying the lo hei from here for the past 2 years and we liked it. Don't remember how much already but I know its cheap (Mom won't get expensive stuff one.:P) and the fish slices are fresh and generous.

This stall is in the same coffeeshop where I get breakfast from my favourite stalls, congee and beehoon. Yummy! :)