Back to Hua Ting RestaurantLevel 2, Orchard Hotel, 442 Orchard Road

Weddings3 votes

Wendy Lim 721
 • 27 Jan 2014 27 reviews 16 followers
Overall
My family headed to Hua Ting last night for reunion dinner. We have made reservations at 730pm and arrived just in time after some traffic jam along Thomson road.
Everywhere also jam!
Our table was all ready and waiting for us when we arrived. We were seated by the windows facing the main entrance, which was really cool cos we could see all the cars and buses streaming in. The hotel was nicely decorated with Chinese New Year lanterns and drapes. Actually we quite liked the hotel interior.. A bit old school but bustling with activity. Don’t mind going there again!

I noticed something really nice in the restaurant which is that they got this work station in the middle of the restaurant where they will cut up the Peking duck.. And get the food ready before they serve the customers. It’s right in front of the tables so we could see what they were doing. I thought this was really nice – it’s a delight seeing staff at work handling our food with expertise and care!
The restaurant was full when we were there last night – they have a big private dining room where there were 3 tables inside, and maybe a couple more smaller private rooms – all full. But somehow we didn’t feel very cramped or disturbed cos it was nicely spreaded. I think my table was the noisiest with kids!
We took our order with this waitress who was busy but yet patient enough to recommend us the dishes. This restaurant actually is like any other Zhi Char restaurant where you can customize the dishes! So we ordered a steamed Soon Hock fish, stewed chicken with fungus, stir fried broccoli, 3 of their signature baked pork ribs and a plate of roast duck and roast pork.

To read full review and see pics, pls go to http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/hua-ting-at-orchard-hotel-singapore/ cheers!

Seth Lui
 • 23 Jan 2014 68 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Hua Ting has arguably the best dim sum I've tried in Singapore. Every dish I tried was excellent, and I've tried over 30 premium dim sum restaurants while building my dim sum guide.
Read my blog article for a list of what we tried. Liu sha bao, dumplings, double-boiled soup. ALL GOOD OMG.

Business Breakfast, Children/Family, Dinner, High Tea

SCS C
 • 12 Feb 2013 200 reviews 1 follower
Overall
to read more, visit andmorefood.wordpress.com

the poon choi came in a large basin, and was abundantly filled with the usual suspects: belly pork, sea cucumber, fresh baby abalone, dried scallops and mussels, large prawns, fish maw, dried shitakes, fatt choy – the hairy moss, cabbage and radish pieces. highly savoury, it was both tastier and more abundantly filled than some other hotel renditions we’ve had – and went brilliant with rice.

great poon choi and only-passable other-dishes (though admittedly chosen from a very small chinese new year menu) – not a bad choice at new year’s, though this place therefore doesn’t stand out remarkably from other similarly-established restaurants in singapore.

Must tries: Poon Choi