Reviews for Hua Ting Restaurant

3.6

AsianCantoneseChineseDim Sum
Jasonhanis

One special place I will bring my overseas guest and family to

This place I will be proud to bring my family, close friends & overseas guests in Singapore! The chinese food and service were top class! Very yummy, even the tea there will make you very relaxed....try their signature dish cater per person....valued and delicious! Thank you Hua Ting! I will come back again and again!
05 Jan 2015 • 2003 reviews • 255 followers

Pricey Singaporean Chinese Food

Overall
I came to Hua Ting with high expectations, perhaps a little too high.

An old school establishment which has been around for ages, the place is popular for business dining.

At a recent visit, I started out with the Hot and Sour Soup ($12 per bowl). No surprises here as it reminded me a lot of the Americanised Chinese soup that I had in the US.

I then tried the Sweet and Sour Prawn, which once again reminded me of the Chinese food that I had in the US.

My next dish, the garlic broccoli was well executed - slightly sauteed in garlic and very crunchy.

The next dish, the dried chilli chicken had a good level of tenderness and was not very spicy.

Probably the best dish of the night had to be the "live" Soon Hock ($9.50 per 100grams). The freshness of the fish steamed in light soya sauce was evident in every bite.

The final dish of fried rice was a little disappointing as it was dry and did not have "wok hei".

Overall, food was alright, but I felt that prices were a little steep and one could get a good  Chinese fix without having to pay such high prices.

06 Sep 2014 • 15 reviews • 1 follower

disappointed

Overall
After having to read much good review on Hua Ting, maybe I had expected a little too much. A let down is my verdict. Furthermore, there is just way too much msg in the food. My whole family was thirsty after the meal.
29 Jul 2014 • 9 reviews • 0 follower