Back to Hua Ting RestaurantLevel 2, Orchard Hotel, 442 Orchard Road

Business Breakfast3 votes

Jasonhanis
 • 29 Jul 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This place I will be proud to bring my family, close friends & overseas guests in Singapore! The chinese food and service were top class! Very yummy, even the tea there will make you very relaxed....try their signature dish cater per person....valued and delicious! Thank you Hua Ting! I will come back again and again!

Must tries: Crispy Roasted Duck; Steamed Soon Hock, Yummy roasted pork ribs, heavenly snow crab in hua tiao jiu

After Work, Anniversary, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Chillout, High Tea, Large Groups, Private Dining, Quiet, Relaxed, Take Away, Weddings

foodolicious
 • 13 May 2014 136 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Yes, Hua Ting is one of the dim sum restaurants I would recommend to friends. It is very strong in its pastry I feel while slightly weaker than Wah Lok when it comes to steamed dim sum but still decent and pretty good. Priced at about $5 per basket, I find it reasonable. Service is pretty normal and just slightly above average as they would leave you to guess the dim sum on your own. This place is really quite popular among Singaporean families. I tried booking one week ago and couldn’t a table so I did two weeks in advance this time to secure one. So please book really early in advance if you want to visit this restaurant!

For more details, please visit:

Wendy Lim 721
 • 27 Jan 2014 40 reviews 16 followers
Overall
My family headed to Hua Ting last night for reunion dinner. We have made reservations at 730pm and arrived just in time after some traffic jam along Thomson road.
Everywhere also jam!
Our table was all ready and waiting for us when we arrived. We were seated by the windows facing the main entrance, which was really cool cos we could see all the cars and buses streaming in. The hotel was nicely decorated with Chinese New Year lanterns and drapes. Actually we quite liked the hotel interior.. A bit old school but bustling with activity. Don’t mind going there again!

I noticed something really nice in the restaurant which is that they got this work station in the middle of the restaurant where they will cut up the Peking duck.. And get the food ready before they serve the customers. It’s right in front of the tables so we could see what they were doing. I thought this was really nice – it’s a delight seeing staff at work handling our food with expertise and care!
The restaurant was full when we were there last night – they have a big private dining room where there were 3 tables inside, and maybe a couple more smaller private rooms – all full. But somehow we didn’t feel very cramped or disturbed cos it was nicely spreaded. I think my table was the noisiest with kids!
We took our order with this waitress who was busy but yet patient enough to recommend us the dishes. This restaurant actually is like any other Zhi Char restaurant where you can customize the dishes! So we ordered a steamed Soon Hock fish, stewed chicken with fungus, stir fried broccoli, 3 of their signature baked pork ribs and a plate of roast duck and roast pork.

To read full review and see pics, pls go to http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/hua-ting-at-orchard-hotel-singapore/ cheers!