Back to Ikyu5 Yong Siak Street

DreamLove Eat
 • 30 Mar 2014 49 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Read my full review with more pictures at

Ikyu is definitely a gem around the Tiong Bahru neighbourhood. We went during the restaurant week. I totally love the scallop carpaccio, tempura somen and the wagyu beef! The service was friendly and swift too!

Must tries: Wagyu

Business Dining

foodolicious
 • 16 Feb 2014 136 reviews 0 follower
Overall
So did Ikyu impress? I'm pretty sure it has to most people dining there, at least for our table. The mains were really well done and maybe the main chef was behind the mains. Maki Sushi was however a miss over here while desserts are on the borderline I think. Interesting but didn't impress. The set lunch costs $28 and I think that is a really good deal! Service here is also courteous and I think they have been trained by the chef to give a more Jap service. It reminds me slightly of service in the more upmarket Jap restaurants. So, if you have no where to go to on a Sunday afternoon as most good French or Japanese restaurants are closed, then why not try Ikyu as it will definitely satisfy.

For more details, please visit:

Maxime E
 • 04 Dec 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We went to Ikyu last week end and enjoyed every single dishes in our Omakase set. The steam cod was particularly delicious. The selection of dishes was excellent and all dishes were masterfully executed by Chef Seki-san and his team.
The tuna sashimi and red snapper sushi were out of this world!
The atmosphere and the cosy space is very friendly.
The best part of the night was probably the service. All waiters were friendly, funny and very professional. Ikyu has some of the best staff i have come across in Singapore.

Must tries: Omakase Set, Chargrilled truffle edamame

After Work, Anniversary, Chillout, Dinner, Fine Dining, Night Out, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, Trendy