Review for il Gelato Di Bruno

DessertsEuropeanItalianWestern
Address: #B1-26A, Citylink Mall, 1 Raffles Link, 039393
25 Jan 2012
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of il Gelato Di Bruno

Italian gelato

An exquisite range of gelati by the Italian brand. Available in 24 different flavors, these sweet treats are made fresh daily.

There was a promotion of two cups for $4 when we decided to have a try in June. The creamy and smooth texture was enjoyable. Both carapino and coccomio had bits of pine nuts and coconut respectively but they were a bit bland. On the other hand, mint and blue sky were richly-flavored but a little boring without any contrasting texture.

The staff was helpful with enquiries about ingredients used in the gelati, most of which came with fanciful labels.

Varied Gelato Flavours, At A Price

Full iL Gelato di Bruno review here: http://ivanteh-runningman.blogspot.sg/2014/12/il-gelato-di-bruno.html

iL Gelato di Bruno is operated as part of the Gill Capital group, and is their premium Italian gelato / ice cream concept. I'm already familiar with iL Gelato di Bruno, having previously sampled their great tasting gelato / ice cream from their sister restaurant, the Brunetti Cafe in Tanglin Mall.

As a takeaway kiosk / stall, there isn't much ambience to speak of at iL Gelato di Bruno. They do display their wide variety of colourful gelato flavours in a clear refrigerated glass display, which draws the eye. Types of flavours and prices are clearly stated. But there isn't anywhere to sit, although they do have several small standing tables.

Staff at iL Gelato di Bruno are friendly, but are also trained to upsell. I find them rather patient when you're sampling flavours, able to allow you the space to make a decision, and able to step in to offer recommendations when needed. But if you decide on the cheapest option, they'll 'encourage' you to get a larger option.

The gelato / ice cream at iL Gelato di Bruno is all made fresh daily, using premium quality, imported ingredients. This means that you get full flavoured gelato, creamy and smooth with each mouthful. However, this also means that prices are more expensive than elsewhere, and the serving size is also slightly smaller in comparision. Overall, iL Gelato di Bruno is a great place for gelato / ice cream if you feel like splurging.

il Gelato di Bruno

"Ring~Ring~" is not a sound you would normally hear in Citylink Mall. Hunting for some sweet ending to my dinner in Raffles City Shopping Centre, I was solicited by a cheerful lady who welcomed me into a shop to sample their Gelato.

There's a load of choices available (23-24 in total), with each flavor decorated by a cartoon holding a sign of the flavor's name. It is interesting to note the cartoon sign holders are mainly ladies.

The staff was extremely pleasant and willing to explain to me what are the best sellers and what are in the individual flavors when all the names just sounds alien to me. They really sold me an experience that other ice cream/gelato shops failed to give me even if they offer samples; there were some places where I'd met a few disgruntled faces upon asking for a sample before my purchase. However, the staff here really offers excellent service, and I hope it'll continue for I'm sold.

Freshly made everyday with 23/24 flavors everyday, they stock up on certain flavors catering to those seeking some indulgence in their diet (sugar-free gelato). I did not try those for I can't imagine ice cream/gelato with no sugar. Sugarless gelato/ice cream is just like vegetarian meat to me.

Anyways, after sampling a few, I decided to have 2 medium cups with...

Ordered

Cookies, Extra Milk, Hazelnut

&

Meckid, Carapino, Hazelnut(again?)

Score: 4.25/5.0

Click here for review with pictures and other reviews