Ala Carte3 votes
30licious S$30++ deal when you pay with your Amex® Card!. Other deals are available, find out more

ChilePepper
 • 30 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We heard decent things about this restaurant and looked forward to trying the food. It turned out to be a huge waste of money, food quality not good, cocktails were horrible, chemical tasting. We tried the sambal anchovies, tofu century egg relish (the best of the dishes), beef rendang, chicken wings (o.k.), otak, and the worst of all - the squid bombs. Rubbery cold pieces of squid topped with chilli sauce. The menu sounds good but execution was terrible. Wish this had been better. The only redeeming factor was the pleasant waitstaff.

Johnnybooze
 • 29 Jul 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
You will not find a selection of such old school Singaporean dishes anywhere else!
The food is all awesome and I highly recommend the singgang and buakualat (I'm unsure if its spelt that way) fried rice !
asahi on tap and a great selection of craft beers!
def must try This joint I'm Joo Chiat!

After Work, Ala Carte, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates

mileew
 • 11 Jun 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall

Having eaten at Immigrants a few times, i found the food standards to be dropping. the buah keluak rice which i was completely bowled over with when i first tasted it a few months ago is now dry and tasteless (like it was re-heated in the microwave). the cockles and chicken wings didn't need any superb cooking skills prepare - a tad overpriced if you ask me.

Plus points are: great place & crowd, with good selection of drinks. I would have my share of Peranakan food at the REAL Peranakan cafes/restos nearby (Joo Chiat IS famous for its Peranakan heritage after all!) before hopping to Immigrants for drinks.

After Work