Reviews for Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant (TripleOne Somerset)

3.4

AsianCantoneseChineseSichuanSteamboat
Address: #02-21/22/23, TripleOne Somerset, 111 Somerset Road, 238164
29 Dec 2015

Fantastic Steamboat that Opens Late into the Night

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/18/imperial-treasure-steamboat-restaurant/

Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant offers one of the better steamboats in town. It's a pretty upscale establishment, and the prices reflect that, but the quality of the ingredients and the broths make up for the premium you pay. A great place to have a nice meal with friends and family, especially if you want to stay out late. Overall, I highly recommend this place.

More reviews of Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant

Overall

Fresh food, but disappointing service!

Went to eat with 3 colleagues. Were told that we could only eat till 8.30pm as there's a next booking after us. Fair enough so we tried to eat a little faster. However we got really frustrated when the staff started asking us to make our last order at 8PM, and kept clearing away our plates, and telling us that we have to leave soon.

So my friend joking said: So if we cannot finish our food in time, do we have to just leave and take the steamboat with us?? The waitress replied with a pokerface : YES YOURE RIGHT...

-.- GOSH what type of service is this. So it left a bad taste in our mouth as we spent $250 on a meal and didnt enjoy it at all.

Nice Chicken Soup Base and good ambience

Just my steamboat ranking with 3 famous steamboat outlers :

1st JPot
2nd Imperial Treasure
3rd Hai Di Lao

The smooth chicken soup base is enough to

make those (not really very fresh) ingredients taste very nice...plus the nice hongkong style soya sauce specially for steamed fish as condiment..everything will taste good even if you don't want those usual condiments...weirdly dunno y their condiments are abt the same as JPot but it just dun taste that nice...maybe is the lack of chicken rice garlic chilli sauce..lack of that tangy spicy taste

The Fish noodle....really made of real fish as can taste the soft bones inside...so dun really like it lol..

Service hmm can see aunties very tired to serve us already....but they tried their best to come and filter those excess soup oil(but become kind of annoying)...

herbal tea is nice but too small and pricey

Overall

Luxurious steamboat, superbly fresh ingredients

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

The restaurant is clean, comfortable and frills-free. I expected the decor to be more elaborate, since its entrance looks grand and impressive.

Our server promptly brought a tray of 12 condiments and gave us time to concoct our own dipping sauce. I mixed up a conservative garlic, chilli and soy sauce blend. As you can see, Hubby’s more adventurous.

We had Traditional Pork Bone Soup and Sichuan Spicy Soup. The 3rd option was Chicken Soup. Broths are made daily from scratch and simmered for hours. The Sichuan Spicy Soup was bold and  fiery! It was way too spicy for me so I ate from the pork bone soup base only. Hubby felt that the Sichuan Spicy soup was very shiok though.

Ingredients are very fresh and of superb quality, as evident in the pictures. During CNY, only set meals are available, and one cannot order from the a la carte menu, which was disappointing as I was craving for bamboo shoots and fish balls.  Our set included Live prawns, Sliced Abalone, Empress Clam, Fish Maw, USA Diced Marble Beef, Prawn Balls, Pork Balls, Vegetable & Pork Wanton, Shrimp Dumplings, Fresh Cuttle Fish Noodles, Deep Fried Fish Skin, Deep Fried Beancurd Skin, Assorted Vegetables, Silky Beancurd and Inaiwa Udon.
Overall

Comparatively not as good as the other outlets

I'll be very honest with this review.

We visited this outlet mainly to try out, and also after feedback from a friend within the group that the food quality seems better than the other outlet at ION.

Disappointed with the level of service.  Though we went in early, and the restaurant was not really packed then, the service was comparatively less prompt.  The staff appears to be impatient when we request for second and third helpings of the condiments.  Not that we will like to bother them that much, but the server seems b=very keen to keep the condiments away from the table.  Well, of course I must admit that I have friends within the group who practically clean-sweep the parsley during each serving.

Food quality was acceptable.  But the overall experience is very much dampened by the human factor.  Will stick to the ION outlet for future visits.