Reviews for Imperial Treasure Steamboat Restaurant (TripleOne Somerset)

3.5

AsianCantoneseChineseSichuanSteamboat

Luxurious steamboat, superbly fresh ingredients

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

The restaurant is clean, comfortable and frills-free. I expected the decor to be more elaborate, since its entrance looks grand and impressive.

Our server promptly brought a tray of 12 condiments and gave us time to concoct our own dipping sauce. I mixed up a conservative garlic, chilli and soy sauce blend. As you can see, Hubby’s more adventurous.

We had Traditional Pork Bone Soup and Sichuan Spicy Soup. The 3rd option was Chicken Soup. Broths are made daily from scratch and simmered for hours. The Sichuan Spicy Soup was bold and  fiery! It was way too spicy for me so I ate from the pork bone soup base only. Hubby felt that the Sichuan Spicy soup was very shiok though.

Ingredients are very fresh and of superb quality, as evident in the pictures. During CNY, only set meals are available, and one cannot order from the a la carte menu, which was disappointing as I was craving for bamboo shoots and fish balls.  Our set included Live prawns, Sliced Abalone, Empress Clam, Fish Maw, USA Diced Marble Beef, Prawn Balls, Pork Balls, Vegetable & Pork Wanton, Shrimp Dumplings, Fresh Cuttle Fish Noodles, Deep Fried Fish Skin, Deep Fried Beancurd Skin, Assorted Vegetables, Silky Beancurd and Inaiwa Udon.
• 01 May 2015 • 145 reviews • 8 followers

Luxurious steamboat, superbly fresh ingredients

For pictures and full review, pls visit:

• 31 Dec 2014 • 14 reviews • 0 follower

Comparatively not as good as the other outlets

Overall
I'll be very honest with this review.

We visited this outlet mainly to try out, and also after feedback from a friend within the group that the food quality seems better than the other outlet at ION.

Disappointed with the level of service.  Though we went in early, and the restaurant was not really packed then, the service was comparatively less prompt.  The staff appears to be impatient when we request for second and third helpings of the condiments.  Not that we will like to bother them that much, but the server seems b=very keen to keep the condiments away from the table.  Well, of course I must admit that I have friends within the group who practically clean-sweep the parsley during each serving.

Food quality was acceptable.  But the overall experience is very much dampened by the human factor.  Will stick to the ION outlet for future visits.
• 10 Dec 2014 • 391 reviews • 3 followers

Good Dim Sum and Ala Carte Chinese Dishes!

Overall
I have been to this restaurant on multiple occasions . For lunch, instead of steamboat, which you need to cook and it can be quite time-consuming, you can opt for dim sum and ala carte dishes.   As it was a business meeting, we opted for the ala carte and dim sum options.   Here are the meal highlights: - Soup with Prawn Dumpling (Shui Jiao): soup is rich and the dumpling had minced pork, black fungus and prawns. It was filling. - Prawn Dumpling (Har Kow): One of the best I have eaten. Its moist inside and ingredients were fresh. Recommended. - Pork Dumpling (Siew Mai): Best eaten when its served to the table, when its hot! - Beef Ball: This is a Cantonese dim sum. Minced beef rolled into a ball and steamed. Served with a sauce that reminds me of Worchester sauce. Chewy and nice. - Steamed Radish with Prawn and Conpoy: this was nice. Radish was soft and the sauce for the dish was tasty. - Mee Pok with Minced Pork and sliced Brinjal: The noodles were nicely stewed with the minced pork adding flavor to the dish. Try it! - Steamed Custard Bun: Steamed bun with a salted egg yolk and custard bun. Eat it cautiously, as the filling is hot and may scald you when you bite into it. - Red Bean Paste Dessert: Red bean paste that has been cooked with dry orange peel. It has a nice citrus-sy flavor and I couldn’t stop till I finished the whole bowl.   Good quality dim sum that always hit the mark.   Highly recommended!
  • Dumpling Soup