Summary

Chicken soup, Chilli Chicken, Hakka Noodles, Gobi Manchurian, crispy fried spinach, Chocolate Sizzler, Mustard Lamb, Spicy Fried Fish, deep fried Pompfret, drums of heaven, fried rice View all
Dinner, After Work, Lunch, Quiet, Wine Lists, Ala Carte View all

people found this review useful

Most helpful reviews for Indian Wok (Frankel Estate)

Got to learn the basic etiquetes of Customer Service !

Service 1

We were here  sometime ago with family.
The place was almost full so we stood at the counter waiting to be addressed. It was not more than a minute when the manager of the joint rudely asked us   - Do you have reservations ?
We didn't .
Before we could say anything he proclaimed - "We can't have you if you don't have reservations!!"
We were taken aback with this gentleman's  manner esp as he seemed to be running the shop. So we said ok and proceeded to walk out. When we did that, the manager called out to us saying if we wanted to eat there it would be a 45 minute wait.  We were now annoyed with the way we were being treated . So we told him if he had started the conversation  asking us if we would like to wait 45 minutes as the place was full not confronting us if we had reservations it would been a plesanter conversation..,we would have  perhaps not walked out with a bad taste spoling a dinner that hadnt even started. The manager then called out to us coming from behind the counter  but we were not in a mood for more unpleasant conversation  and walked out . There were 10 more restaurants in the same lane and this sort of behavior was totally unsettling and put us off .
Singapore is a place where service at restaurants are top notch and exemplary & Such unprofessional  and rude behaviour is a customers worst turn off.
Never eating there again - reservations or no reservations!!
We walked down to Mayura  restaurant just 20 feet away and had a great meal and most important  a nice welcome and great service !

Very very rude staff

We travelled almost 20 Kms to enjoy our weekend while dining at this restaurant . The staff( waiters) almost got angry on us as we were late by 5 minutes from our reservation time, and kept on saying , that this table will be given to someone else at 9pm, without even asking us whether we will be done by that time or not. I had not even finished my soup and waitress picked up the bowl. Staff was after our life to place the order asap and said order starters along with main course only.. Last but not the least cashier is the most rude guy I ever met. We don't pay 100$++ for such an experience even if food is ok.

Best Indian Chinese restaueant in Songapore

Must try the chicken soup(Manchao soup, chicken hot n sour). Hakka noodles, chilli chicken and fried rice. Overall food quality is good. better if uou book in advance and go thr.

ill mannered staff

Service 1

I always go to indian wok siglap branch as I love there food but this time it was very disappointing.
 I asked for some changes in my dish (I always order the same dish with d changes), the waitress went to.check with the chef who was standing near the cash counter. When she asked the manager standing next to him passed a comment in a very rude tone that this is d same lady, ask her to.bring her own veggi.
 I was completely taken a back by this unprofessional n insensitive statement.
 Although previously I had experienced there staff being rude and arrogant but have ignored it as I like there food but this time it was extremely disappointing as such uncouterios comment coming from a management personnel is completely unacceptable.
 If you want to go there be preared for their rude n unprofessional behaviour n don't expect any good customer service.

Rude staff but tasty food

I and my wife usually go to Indian Wok (in Little India) for Indo-Chinese food. For past three times we have been going to this Indian Wok outlet in East Coast Road.

Food quality is good but there is a serious issue with staffs attitude.

In our first visit they gave us a table to two that was directly facing aircon. The aircon was directly facing us without the swing ON. I requested their staff that directly facing aircon was causing inconvenience. The staff refused to turn on the swing or to give us another table. Their offer was to take the table or leave it.

After a long time we visited this resturant again last month again to be disappointed by staff's rude attitude.

Suggestion is to order food at home instead of visit this outlet or maybe visit other outlets of this resturants to enjoy your outing.