Indochine Waterfront Restaurant has closed.

Reviews for (Closed) Indochine Waterfront Restaurant (Waterfront)

3.6

AsianChineseIndochineseSeafoodThaiVietnamese
08 Mar 2014

Chilling out at IndoChine Waterfront

Today, I'd been back to a place where I used to enjoy chilling out at. After these years, I am glad that it is still around. IndoChine Waterfront - a classy, romantic and exquisite place, will always hold a special place in my heart.   Located at 1 Empress Place, Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore 179555, the number to reach them is 6339 1720. IndoChine Waterfront exudes a serene vibe and its interior setting is grand, with rich Asian taste in decor. If one chooses the grand river views by sitting alfresco, it is an excellent choice as well, to dine or chillout in simple elegance. The only drawback is that they no longer light those scented candles like they used to; I was looking forward to the familiar flowery scent but like most good things, it ain't there anymore.   Anyway, the orders came - first a pot of Chamomile Tea served in a clean-cut, simple pot and cup + saucer. They served good, reliable Dilmah tea, so it is comforting for tea lovers who enjoy the conventional flavor of this well-known household brand.   My Mojito came next - a concoction of sour, sweet and minty chiller, soothing all the heat of today's hectic-ness and exhaustion away. I like Mojitos a lot these days, I realize, and theirs is done just about right - the hints of flavors are blended well and yet light enough they do not obliterate or dominate each other.    We shared a small snack of Goi Cuon - Vietnamese fresh rice paper prawn rolls - filled with poached prawns, lettuce, beansprouts, carrots, chives, mint leaves and rice vermicelli, and accompanied with sauce on the side. This was a refreshing platter of healthy, bland but crisp and gently-sweet dish.   For more detailed information and photos, feel free to visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/03/chilling-out-at-indochine-waterfront.html
Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Mojito

More reviews of Indochine Waterfront Restaurant

Water-front and water-down

Really great location and view, but the most watered down drinks we've had for a very long time. That was a huge disappointment honestly. We were basically being served coloured water drinks for a premium price.

Ze Zoup Iz Zoo Zalty

For photos, please visit Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow.

Been wanting to visit this restaurant because I'm sourcing for potential date places and because I love Vietnamese food.

At 4pm, Jane was starving (although I had been eating, including an entire huge packet of potato chips, the entire day) so we skipped Asian Civilization Museum, and went next door to the restaurant. Hey! Food over Knowledge, ok? The ambience was exoticizing Asia, obviously a tourist trap for White people. But I love it! That being said, the chairs were exceedingly comfortable, which almost made me want to have rattan chairs in my future apartment.

Jane ordered a burger and I, stewed beef glass noodle soup. Jane's burger had a beef stench to it, and both our dishes were too salty. I very much prefer the Vietnamese Beef Noodles at Va Va Voom. I crave for it now and then, oh god, I must have it soon.

The service was ok, our glasses of water kept refilling itself magically, although at one time, when we wanted to order, there was no server in the empty restaurant.

All in all, a pleasant but not memorable experience.
Overall

for great food and great view of the city

There is nothing like sitting back, drinking great cocktails and looking back at the city lights after a long week in the office. Everytime we go to IndoChine at Asian Civilisation we enjoy a winning combination of great food (the Indochine platter is a must try) and great service.
Overall

Lovely ambience by the river but...

Great place to take friends from out of town/colleagues/ date to this place. The food prices do not justify the quality. a plate of small tom yam soup (just about 1 to 1/2 serving in a small bowl) Rather pathetic. next came the hotplate meat items.. overcooked. Well, any coffee shop or mid tier chinese restuarant would charge about $15... but here it was $28 if i recalled correctly.

To me, the only saving grace this place has would be the good service and wonderful moonlit ambience. if you are looking for nice food, you are better off somewhere else.. come her for the wines perhaps...

Where is the tuna?

This is my special hunt when foreign friends/colleagues come over. Food is always great, the only problem is always the slow service. I understand the crowd can be overwhelming but perhaps the servers can pay a bit more attention to other patrons. The good thing is the food is never too late to warrant any complaints.

My favourite dish was the poached tuna rolled in sesame seeds but this has been taken off the menu and replaced by salmon- gasp, how disappointing! Please can the mgt put that back in??