Alfresco/Outdoor Dining8 votes
Wine Lists3 votes

RubbishEatRGrow
 • 18 Jul 2010 375 reviews 31 followers
Overall
For photos, please visit Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow.

Been wanting to visit this restaurant because I'm sourcing for potential date places and because I love Vietnamese food.

At 4pm, Jane was starving (although I had been eating, including an entire huge packet of potato chips, the entire day) so we skipped Asian Civilization Museum, and went next door to the restaurant. Hey! Food over Knowledge, ok? The ambience was exoticizing Asia, obviously a tourist trap for White people. But I love it! That being said, the chairs were exceedingly comfortable, which almost made me want to have rattan chairs in my future apartment.

Jane ordered a burger and I, stewed beef glass noodle soup. Jane's burger had a beef stench to it, and both our dishes were too salty. I very much prefer the Vietnamese Beef Noodles at Va Va Voom. I crave for it now and then, oh god, I must have it soon.

The service was ok, our glasses of water kept refilling itself magically, although at one time, when we wanted to order, there was no server in the empty restaurant.

All in all, a pleasant but not memorable experience.

sherriwill
 • 13 Sep 2009 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
There is nothing like sitting back, drinking great cocktails and looking back at the city lights after a long week in the office. Everytime we go to IndoChine at Asian Civilisation we enjoy a winning combination of great food (the Indochine platter is a must try) and great service.

loungelizard
 • 25 May 2009 105 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Great place to take friends from out of town/colleagues/ date to this place. The food prices do not justify the quality. a plate of small tom yam soup (just about 1 to 1/2 serving in a small bowl) Rather pathetic. next came the hotplate meat items.. overcooked. Well, any coffee shop or mid tier chinese restuarant would charge about $15... but here it was $28 if i recalled correctly.

To me, the only saving grace this place has would be the good service and wonderful moonlit ambience. if you are looking for nice food, you are better off somewhere else.. come her for the wines perhaps...

Must tries: frankly.. none