Indochine Waterfront Restaurant has closed.

(Closed) Indochine Waterfront Restaurant (Waterfront)

Summary

Value3
Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Cambodian-style chicken, Cambodian-style prawns, Mixed mushroom, Mojito, Seafood Fried Rice, grilled prawn quenelles on sugarcane., kway teow, lemongrass cream brulee, scallops, shrimp rice rolls, soft shell crabs, steamed fish, sweet sour shrimp View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, Waterfront, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery, After Work, Chillout, Fine Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Supper, Business Dining, Wine Lists View all

Chilling out at IndoChine Waterfront

Today, I'd been back to a place where I used to enjoy chilling out at. After these years, I am glad that it is still around. IndoChine Waterfront - a classy, romantic and exquisite place, will always hold a special place in my heart.   Located at 1 Empress Place, Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore 179555, the number to reach them is 6339 1720. IndoChine Waterfront exudes a serene vibe and its interior setting is grand, with rich Asian taste in decor. If one chooses the grand river views by sitting alfresco, it is an excellent choice as well, to dine or chillout in simple elegance. The only drawback is that they no longer light those scented candles like they used to; I was looking forward to the familiar flowery scent but like most good things, it ain't there anymore.   Anyway, the orders came - first a pot of Chamomile Tea served in a clean-cut, simple pot and cup + saucer. They served good, reliable Dilmah tea, so it is comforting for tea lovers who enjoy the conventional flavor of this well-known household brand.   My Mojito came next - a concoction of sour, sweet and minty chiller, soothing all the heat of today's hectic-ness and exhaustion away. I like Mojitos a lot these days, I realize, and theirs is done just about right - the hints of flavors are blended well and yet light enough they do not obliterate or dominate each other.    We shared a small snack of Goi Cuon - Vietnamese fresh rice paper prawn rolls - filled with poached prawns, lettuce, beansprouts, carrots, chives, mint leaves and rice vermicelli, and accompanied with sauce on the side. This was a refreshing platter of healthy, bland but crisp and gently-sweet dish.   For more detailed information and photos, feel free to visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/03/chilling-out-at-indochine-waterfront.html

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Indochine Waterfront Restaurant (Waterfront)

Excellent Service for Excellent Cuisine

At last, I'd had my chance to try out Indochine Waterfront after hearing such rave reviews and as no. 1 choice for expats...

Excellent service and courtesy left deep impression giving that extra edge for having its loyal diners, not to mention, its excellent dishes!!

Always love its Fried Rice but I will be trying their Jasmine Rice/Sticky Rice next time for sure..

First time trying their Vietnamese Spring Rolls which really delicious as our appetizer; main course revolving around its tender beef, forgot the exact name of its veggie course with Bamboo which not really my thing, and trio palette of grilled fish, scallop and prawn which another tasty option for me.

I should probably have said 'Plain Water' instead of 'Ice Water' which they offered either Sparkling or Still Water in return.

Overall, fantastic dinner and will be back for more visits...

Ambiance fantastic, but food not so...

Have been to Indochine Waterfront three times now. Taking foreign guests out in Singapore Indochina is really a place to show. The setting by the river with views over ultramodern Singaporean architecture is just amazing and will impress everyone, even seasoned travellers. Unfortunately neither the food nor the service lives up to the fantastic setting. On every occasion we have been there staff has acted more like trainees than professional waiter/essess and also their attitude has left much to wish for. Menue looks varied and interesting but when the dishes come in I always get the feeling "oh no I should have ordered the other item i was contemplating". Food at the restaurant is really nothing spectacular and unfortunately puts a damper on the whole experience. The wine list is very good however and even though pricy it is not outrageously expensive. Overall value for money is pretty average. I will come back though, always hoping that the place will at last live up to my expectations.

Great Place to Bring Out-of-Town Friends

Indochine Waterfront has never disappointed me. It always has great service and good food. And the price isn't too bad either. However, it's the stunning setting that keeps us coming back. It's the perfect place to take out-of-town friends on their first night: they'll get a true taste of Singapore from both a visual perspective (e.g. high-rises and shophouses set across the bum-boat filled Singapore river) and taste perspective (e.g. a cornucopia of flavors from across Southeast Asia - our favorite dishes are the Cambodian style basil and chili prawns and chicken).

Eat outdoors of course, where the scenery is best and the temperature isn't glacial (like indoor dining tends to be in Singapore). And if it rains, not to worry. They have a huge automatic awning that stretches across the terrace so you'll be able to continue dining in comfort.

In short: put it on your list and go at least a couple of times a year, guests or no guests.

Nice ambience! Go, on company expense..

I must admit it is a place that visitors to Singapore would enjoy. The view is fantastic especially at night and the food is decent.

For starters, we got a mixed platter of rice (shrimp) roll, cha tom (sugarcane prawns), fried vegetarian spring rolls and regular spring rolls and fried scallops.

For mains, we had a stirfried kangkong, deepfried seabass, thai basil sweet-sour prawns, sizzling beef, chicken and stirfried asparagus. Served together with white rice, the portions were decent, and not at all too oily or too salty.

Service was good. Plates changed, water and wine refilled. Kudos to the server who understood my note and got the birthday boy a surprise birthday dessert complete with a lighted candle.

Merveilleux !

I was almost enchanted by the beauty of this restaurant when I happened to past by there for the very first time(I'm a Singaporean). Taking into account of the raving reviews and rating given here, I just couldn't resist my tempting curiosity. Reservations are recommended as I was flabbergasted by the strings of caucasians dining over there, even though it was a weekday too. The breeze, mild tranquility and ambiance served as an ultimate reinvigorator to kick start the dinner.

My partner(she) and I started out with a bottle of sparkling along with a slice of lemon each to zest things up. The staff was diligent to point out all the dishes with green curry in it to me as she was craving for it initially, but in the end we chose Grilled lemongrass beef and Trio seafood with khmer tamarind source plus Jasmine rice as our main dishes. Her beef was grilled to perfection and the portion was generous. Every bite of it just got better when the taste of lemongrass saturates in my mouth. My trio seafood was a little smaller on the portion but the prawns were by far, in my opinion, the freshest and most succulent in town. The scallops and grilled fish were a hit too.

The Prawn quenelles on sugarcane was our starter and the aroma was absolutely delightful. I thought it was a brilliant idea of the chef to use sugar canes as sticks to hold the prawns, as you can then suck on the canes to savour the juicy remains right down to the very last bit! As for desserts we had Lemongrass creme brulee and Chocolate fudge torte. The creme brulee put many mesmerising smiles on her and what's best, the Chocolate fudge torte was a complimentary! it was meant for a humble, belated birthday celebration for the both of us. And with that In-do-sheen has brought my customer loyalty factor up almost immediately.

Bottom line, the service was excellent as I was touched by how the supervisor tried ways to block off the strong wind temporarily, just to let her make a wish and blow off the candle on the torte. After billing, the stroll along the sidewalks... definitely a walk to remember. : )