Reviews for (Closed) Indochine Waterfront Restaurant (Waterfront)

AsianChineseIndochineseSeafoodThaiVietnamese
ArcticStar

Chilling out at IndoChine Waterfront

Today, I'd been back to a place where I used to enjoy chilling out at. After these years, I am glad that it is still around. IndoChine Waterfront - a classy, romantic and exquisite place, will always hold a special place in my heart.   Located at 1 Empress Place, Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore 179555, the number to reach them is 6339 1720. IndoChine Waterfront exudes a serene vibe and its interior setting is grand, with rich Asian taste in decor. If one chooses the grand river views by sitting alfresco, it is an excellent choice as well, to dine or chillout in simple elegance. The only drawback is that they no longer light those scented candles like they used to; I was looking forward to the familiar flowery scent but like most good things, it ain't there anymore.   Anyway, the orders came - first a pot of Chamomile Tea served in a clean-cut, simple pot and cup + saucer. They served good, reliable Dilmah tea, so it is comforting for tea lovers who enjoy the conventional flavor of this well-known household brand.   My Mojito came next - a concoction of sour, sweet and minty chiller, soothing all the heat of today's hectic-ness and exhaustion away. I like Mojitos a lot these days, I realize, and theirs is done just about right - the hints of flavors are blended well and yet light enough they do not obliterate or dominate each other.    We shared a small snack of Goi Cuon - Vietnamese fresh rice paper prawn rolls - filled with poached prawns, lettuce, beansprouts, carrots, chives, mint leaves and rice vermicelli, and accompanied with sauce on the side. This was a refreshing platter of healthy, bland but crisp and gently-sweet dish.   For more detailed information and photos, feel free to visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/03/chilling-out-at-indochine-waterfront.html
08 Mar 2014 • 336 reviews • 3 followers

Chilling out at IndoChine Waterfront

Grapefruit, Pamelo, Spinach, Wild Caught Spanner Crabmeat
05 Dec 2013 • 1909 reviews • 258 followers

Good Food, Casual Setting

Recently as part of Indochine's Gala give back green initiative, I had a chance to have dinner at their waterfront outlet at the Asian Civilisations Museum.

The meal started with a trio of Butter and French Wild L'Escargot, Wild Betel Leave with Chicken and Rice Crumbles, and Tiger Prawn Tempura with modern green wasabi sauce.

We then had a fresh salad consisting of Grapefruit, Pamelo, Baby Spinach and Wild Caught Spanner Crabmeat. It had a slight sour finish true to its Indochinese routes.

For the soup it was a tom yum soup. This was the regular coconut milk version strong in galangal.

After the palette cleanser of pineapple sorbet, the main attraction of the night was the Wild Caught Lobster, Baby Lamb Rack and Japanese Cold Soba. The lobster was done wonderfully, with a good balance of moist and bite topped with a modern Vietnamese rich seafood sauce.

For dessert it was back to tradition with the Khao Neo Mak Muang - glutinous rice served with rich mango. What a strong rich way to end the meal.

Overall, I must say that the food beat my expectations. Couple this with a nice waterfront view and booze, one cannot ask for more.
07 Sep 2013 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Beautiful location... dreadful service mediocre food

Headed there for a bite to eat and a drink.  First waiter ushered us inside.  I said I'd like a bottle of Veuve Clicquot to celebrate the end of a holiday.
20 minutes later no champagne and another waiter comes to take the food order.
"Would you like some drinks?" says she, "Oh I ordered a bottle of Veuve when we came in can you chase it up?"  5 minutes later over comes the bar manager with a glass of sparkling... "Sorry I ordered a bottle of Veuve about 20 minutes ago says I" "so you don't want the glass?" says he "well it's not a bottle" Says I "We've run out." says he.  "so why didn't the last 2 waitresses tell me that? Says I.
Food comes, it's lukewarm and not fresh.  The so called "fresh" spring rolls taste like they were bought at seven eleven and thrown on a plate!  The Salad is limp and tasteless.  The Squid is ok.
So to sum up, don't waste your money here.  There is no service, the food is average to poor, and the drinks cost a bomb!