Alfresco/Outdoor Dining8 votes
Wine Lists3 votes

Michi
 • 09 Jul 2008 44 reviews 2 followers
Overall
At last, I'd had my chance to try out Indochine Waterfront after hearing such rave reviews and as no. 1 choice for expats...

Excellent service and courtesy left deep impression giving that extra edge for having its loyal diners, not to mention, its excellent dishes!!

Always love its Fried Rice but I will be trying their Jasmine Rice/Sticky Rice next time for sure..

First time trying their Vietnamese Spring Rolls which really delicious as our appetizer; main course revolving around its tender beef, forgot the exact name of its veggie course with Bamboo which not really my thing, and trio palette of grilled fish, scallop and prawn which another tasty option for me.

I should probably have said 'Plain Water' instead of 'Ice Water' which they offered either Sparkling or Still Water in return.

Overall, fantastic dinner and will be back for more visits...

Must tries: Seafood Fried Rice, Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Chillout, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining

Sigvar Kjellbe
 • 17 May 2008 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Have been to Indochine Waterfront three times now. Taking foreign guests out in Singapore Indochina is really a place to show. The setting by the river with views over ultramodern Singaporean architecture is just amazing and will impress everyone, even seasoned travellers. Unfortunately neither the food nor the service lives up to the fantastic setting. On every occasion we have been there staff has acted more like trainees than professional waiter/essess and also their attitude has left much to wish for. Menue looks varied and interesting but when the dishes come in I always get the feeling "oh no I should have ordered the other item i was contemplating". Food at the restaurant is really nothing spectacular and unfortunately puts a damper on the whole experience. The wine list is very good however and even though pricy it is not outrageously expensive. Overall value for money is pretty average. I will come back though, always hoping that the place will at last live up to my expectations.
Fine Dining, Private Dining, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Waterfront, Wine Lists

Steffani
 • 16 Mar 2008 17 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Indochine Waterfront has never disappointed me. It always has great service and good food. And the price isn't too bad either. However, it's the stunning setting that keeps us coming back. It's the perfect place to take out-of-town friends on their first night: they'll get a true taste of Singapore from both a visual perspective (e.g. high-rises and shophouses set across the bum-boat filled Singapore river) and taste perspective (e.g. a cornucopia of flavors from across Southeast Asia - our favorite dishes are the Cambodian style basil and chili prawns and chicken).

Eat outdoors of course, where the scenery is best and the temperature isn't glacial (like indoor dining tends to be in Singapore). And if it rains, not to worry. They have a huge automatic awning that stretches across the terrace so you'll be able to continue dining in comfort.

In short: put it on your list and go at least a couple of times a year, guests or no guests.

Must tries: Cambodian-style prawns, Cambodian-style chicken