Alfresco/Outdoor Dining8 votes
Wine Lists3 votes

galinusa
 • 04 Mar 2008 73 reviews 10 followers
Overall
I must admit it is a place that visitors to Singapore would enjoy. The view is fantastic especially at night and the food is decent.

For starters, we got a mixed platter of rice (shrimp) roll, cha tom (sugarcane prawns), fried vegetarian spring rolls and regular spring rolls and fried scallops.

For mains, we had a stirfried kangkong, deepfried seabass, thai basil sweet-sour prawns, sizzling beef, chicken and stirfried asparagus. Served together with white rice, the portions were decent, and not at all too oily or too salty.

Service was good. Plates changed, water and wine refilled. Kudos to the server who understood my note and got the birthday boy a surprise birthday dessert complete with a lighted candle.

Must tries: sweet sour shrimp, shrimp rice rolls

Supper, Lunch, Dinner, Healthy Eating, Vegetarians, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Weddings, Business Dining, Corporate Events, After Work, Chillout, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Waterfront, Wine Lists, Live Band, People Watching
  • Birthday surprise
  • Birthday surprise

Maven P
 • 07 Dec 2007 1 review 1 follower
Overall
I was almost enchanted by the beauty of this restaurant when I happened to past by there for the very first time(I'm a Singaporean). Taking into account of the raving reviews and rating given here, I just couldn't resist my tempting curiosity. Reservations are recommended as I was flabbergasted by the strings of caucasians dining over there, even though it was a weekday too. The breeze, mild tranquility and ambiance served as an ultimate reinvigorator to kick start the dinner.

My partner(she) and I started out with a bottle of sparkling along with a slice of lemon each to zest things up. The staff was diligent to point out all the dishes with green curry in it to me as she was craving for it initially, but in the end we chose Grilled lemongrass beef and Trio seafood with khmer tamarind source plus Jasmine rice as our main dishes. Her beef was grilled to perfection and the portion was generous. Every bite of it just got better when the taste of lemongrass saturates in my mouth. My trio seafood was a little smaller on the portion but the prawns were by far, in my opinion, the freshest and most succulent in town. The scallops and grilled fish were a hit too.

The Prawn quenelles on sugarcane was our starter and the aroma was absolutely delightful. I thought it was a brilliant idea of the chef to use sugar canes as sticks to hold the prawns, as you can then suck on the canes to savour the juicy remains right down to the very last bit! As for desserts we had Lemongrass creme brulee and Chocolate fudge torte. The creme brulee put many mesmerising smiles on her and what's best, the Chocolate fudge torte was a complimentary! it was meant for a humble, belated birthday celebration for the both of us. And with that In-do-sheen has brought my customer loyalty factor up almost immediately.

Bottom line, the service was excellent as I was touched by how the supervisor tried ways to block off the strong wind temporarily, just to let her make a wish and blow off the candle on the torte. After billing, the stroll along the sidewalks... definitely a walk to remember. : )

Must tries: lemongrass cream brulee, grilled prawn quenelles on sugarcane.

Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Waterfront

Alex Mueller
 • 01 Dec 2007 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Great food + great ambience + outstanding service = one of my all time favorites in Singapore.

Not cheap thought but worth the money.

Both inside and outside sitting is great and sometimes they even have a band. Although quite big it does feel that way (we always sit in the smoking section at the back close to the sofas which is often not very full).

Great for a romantic dinner but also perfectly acceptable to take our your business partners. Sounds contradictory but they make it work at this place.

Must tries: Everything

Supper, Lunch, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Private Dining, Chillout, Quiet, Live Band, View/Scenery, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Waterfront, People Watching