Summary

Akamaru Shinaji Special, Spicy black, EVERYTHING View all
After Work View all

Overpriced ramen that is mediocre

The reputation looms higher than the noodles. Not the best ramen in Singapore but reasonably good.

A bit of noodles with two pieces of fatty pork, some veg for _$16. it's overpriced.

The soup was tasty but overly fatty. The last time I had Ippudo was at Mandarin hotel. never again, in Singapore.  My reference is Ippudo in Kyoto where we had a lovely ramen,  well balanced, and not over powering in any aspect.

I Challenge you to repeat that version that I ate in Kyoto!

Service was good and tight but unsmiling - servers smile at Jap restaurants.

Comfortable seating and tightly spaced tables.

Most helpful reviews for Ippudo SG (Westgate)

Ramen + Pork bun (Thumbs up)

Have been patronising here on several occasions. There is always a queue unless it is non lunch or dinner hours. But the queue was quite fast as we manage to get a seat in around 5-10mins. Ordered the miso soup based ramen, but take note not to make the same mistake as me to blend the whole miso into the soup as it tasted a tad too salty. Otherwise, the ramen tasted not bad. Unfortunately, for the gyoza, it wasn’t all that fantastic as expected. Do look out for their lunch promo, which comes with the pork bun that tasted not bad too.

ramen

being a ramen lover, one would definitely know of ipuddo as they have been doing quite a good job in producing good ramen in singapore. this ramen joint is located at westgate a good place for the westerners to drop by.

First Time to IPPUDO

Recommended by my cousin to this japanese restaurant at Westgate after we shopped for Xmas decoration.  4 of us went there together. We waited in the queue for not long before we entered.

There are flexibilities in their cooking method like for eg. They allow if you want to add more noodles, whether you want the noodles soft, hard or normal. They also allow if you want to add in an egg or not.
Whether you want more oil or not.

Price wise i am not so sure. Because this is a treat from my cousin.

Nice Ramen Place

Ippudo is definitely one of the top favorite ramen places for Ramen Lovers! Personally, I have visited this outlet for quite a number of times and it has never failed to make me return over and over again. It’s not just the ramen is good but also the service provided by the staff! The staff at this outlet is always very friendly and serves their customers with a smile! You would forget that you have queued so long before getting a seat. :p Ippudo have a few ramen choices to choose from, the most popular one is their Akamaru Shinaji, but my current favorite is the Shiromaru Motoaji!

LOVE THEIR RAMEN

Ippudo always have queue during lunch and dinner peak hours. There are very limited seats in the restaurant so we just got to wait (especially for big groups). Food is served very fast and turnover is pretty fast too so usually the wait is about 10 mins. Love their ramen and the soup. They have much nicer eggs than other ramen restaurants. But it's also one of the more expensive ramen restaurant. Good to go once in a while.