Back to Ippudo SG#04-02/03/04, Mandarin Gallery, 333A Orchard Road

Wine Lists3 votes

sehunnie94
 • 19 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Big disappointment

I've heard a lot of good reviews bout` them so I decided to try out their outlet @ Westgate, to my amusement, the restaurant was weirdly arranged and the food does not look promising. I've order one of their spicy chasyu something, the soup was not spicy at all despite adding a lot of chilli powder, their chasyu are full of fats that I've to remove them layer by layer. It's one thick layer of fats.

And their gyoza? 5 pieces for $8, and it still tasted normal.

Certainly not worth the price.
I know their ramen were actually quite good, but to me, it's not even on standard.

spent $64 for 2 pax.

ArcticStar
 • 16 Feb 2014 215 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Before I visited, I heard many good reviews about them. After my first visit - which I was impressed  - I have been back at least thrice, bringing different friends to introduce them to the delicious ramen served here. This outlet does not allow reservations, and it is not uncommon to see long queues outside the popular restaurant, especially during lunch and dinner hours. The good thing is that the lines are usually cleared very fast.

I have tried several types of Ramen here before, but let me share the two most memorable ones. The wonderful thing about their noodles is that it consists of fine strands, springy, and the service crew would ask for "Doneness" of noodles - hard or soft. Yes, this is the unique point of Ippudo's ramen - usually I opt for harder noodles.

First, the Shiromaru Special - original tonkotsu (pork) broth served with thin noodles, pork loins, cabbage, kikurage and spring onions - on the side are flavored egg, tender pork cube and bamboo shoots. I absolutely love their soups, regardless of which type of ramen I eventually end up ordering. They are always in-your-face delicious, flavored at full blasts, and non-greasy. Being a fan of flavored eggs (their "braised egg" is rather different from the other Japanese restaurants' - the inside is tenderly raw while the outside is hard-boiled) and bamboo shoots, the entire combination makes for a really hearty meal.

I also love their Spicy Black Pork Ramen -I would add the flavored egg as this does not come with it. Another blend of scrumptious soup base, quality thin noodles, bamboo shoot and best of all, black pork. Somehow, black pork has a luscious, delectable taste in additional to its extreme tenderness. I am usually not a fan of pork, but I do enjoy black pork. The tastiness of black pork cooked with delicious broth and noodles, makes for a very gratifying meal.

For more detailed information and photos, do visit:

Must tries: spicy black pork ramen, shiromaru special

Dinner, Lunch

Flona Hakim
 • 15 Jan 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
So far this is the ramen that I love the most, the pork taste in the broth is not too strong, just nice
After Work, Ala Carte, Dinner, Lunch, Night Out