Reviews for Ippudo SG (Mandarin Gallery)

3.4

AsianJapanese
Address: #04-02/03/04, Mandarin Gallery, 333A Orchard Road, 238897
01 Feb 2016

Ramen

Having tried their other outlet at Westgate, this time I brought my friends to this outlet to eat their ramen. Location wise, it is quite easy to locate as it is at the top floor of Mandarin Galley. There are plenty of people queuing. The place is surprisingly small as what you would expect from the entrance. There wasn’t much space to move around in the restaurant. The ramen was served quite fast. Personally I was quite disappointed at the slight difference in taste as the other outlet. However, in comparison with the other outlet, the side dishes (gyoza) tasted so much better.

More reviews of Ippudo SG

nice ramen

The queue was really long to enter the restaurant as it is really famous or its ramen. We queued for almost 45 mins to go in and make order. The server is quite helpful and very prompt. We are able to choose the hardness of the noodles which gave us a customised experience. we ordered both dry and soup ramen. The soup is really thick and fragrance, I like it really much. However, the dry one is not as nice as the soup one. Overall, the experience is quite good and I will definitely recommend it to my friends who are ramen lovers.
Overall

Worst service encountered in a while

Food was within expectations and I thought I would come back again when my wife asked if she could get a top up of hot water to warm her pot of tea which had turned cold. The reply was actually a 'Sorry we don't do that'!!!

I supposed the policy was there to counter the cheapskates who would order one pot of tea to share around the entire table, but for Pete's sake, exercise your discretion. There were just two of us and I had already ordered a bottle of beer.

Verdict: Would not come back again as I resent paying service charge for service crew without half a brain.
Overall

Highly recommended for a casual dine out with friends!

For more reviews, visit: http://huipingtay.blogspot.sg/

Several gems sit at the quiet Mandarin Gallery, one of my all-time favorite would be Ippudo. Described as a "work of a craftsman", Ippudo's ramen comes with a delicate balance of ingredients, broth and finely made noodles. Extremely tasty, there is always queue to enter the restaurant.

The Shiromaru Tamago ($17) is a classic Hakata style ramen served in Ippudo's original tonkotsu broth, thin noodles and pork lion, Boiled at al dente, the noodles is of a springy texture, exuding a natural aroma of the taste of wheat. The broth is extremely rich and comes with a perfect tinge of sweetness from the pork. Finally, the ramen is beautifully finished off with cabbage, black fungus, spring onions and a flavored egg.

Highly recommended for a casual dine out with friends!

nice

Nice place to enjoy the food. Me and my friends eat there when there was no queue at all. Staff look a bit busy.