Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel) (彩日本料理)

Summary

Sashimi, Grilled prawns with mentaiko, Irodori special Maki, chawanmushi, enoki, spider handroll, grilled pike, Teapot soup, ebi furai, salmon sashimi, shishamo, Sashimi, croquette, Shiitake Teriyaki (Grilled Mushroom), dobin mushi, egg plant in miso, grilled, grilled prawn, half chicken wings, hamachi sashimi, handroll, lobster mentaki, maguro sashimi, mekajiki sashimi, mushroom roll, sake sashimi, shitake teriyaki, steamed fish head, sushi, tai sashimi, tako sashimi, unagi grill, yaki View all
Buffet, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Vibrant/Noisy, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Business Dining, Girls Night Out, Large Groups, Ala Carte, Cheap Eat/Budget, Quiet, Anniversary, Night Out, Wine Lists, Chillout, Live Band, Relaxed, View/Scenery View all

Long minute notice share table for V day

Service 1

When i book more than 1 week in advance for V day they didnt notice me that our table will be shared with other couple untill the day before V day then they call and tell me.. ridiculous. Somemore is V day menu, cancel and let me left with no much choice for reselecting other place as too near to V day le.

The management of Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel) responded to this review:
17 Feb 2014
Dear Jimmywu,

Thank you for thinking about Irodori Japanese Restaurant as your dining destination.

We would like to apologize for informing you late as Valentine’s Day is very popular and we were trying not to turn couples away.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and still look forward to have you dining with us again.

Best Regards,
The Management
Irodori Japanese Restaurant

Most helpful reviews for Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel)

Good variety and quality for the price

I discovered this place a few years ago and have been going back regularly since. I visit this place probably once every 3 - 4 months. It can be a crowded in the evenings so i usually try to go during lunch when i'm on leave or during the weekends. Lunch buffet is also cheaper for the same menu, so better value anyway.

I feel this is a japanese buffet that is quite value for money. They are generous with their sashimi and for their mixed platter, they give you thick cuts of various fishes. Presentation of the sashimi is good. Sometimes when i specifically order just salmon and swordfish sashimi, my personal favourite, quantity is also generous (they fill up the plate with the same amount as a mixed platter would). I would consider the sashimi quality to be good for the price.

Other dishes i like are the grilled mushroom, chanwanmushi, salmon hand roll, tempura, butter fried mushrooms and various pork and beef dishes. I appreciate how they serve these in smaller quantities so i can have a larger variety, Definitely, definitely order their salmon aburi (flame grilled salmon with rice sushi), this is delicious. I can eat a lot of this and not get tired! Their teapot soup is unique, so order it when you're getting a little full. Maybe try the ramen too, it's a small portion. Their garlic rice is tasty. I don't usually get to order garlic rice at normal japanese restaurants and since this is a buffet, do order it anyway!

After everything, i occasionally order the green tea ice cream with red bean. It's smooth, with the flavour just right

Overall, a good place to go every now and then when you're hungry and craving jap food.

100% satisfaction

I dinned in this restaurant for the first time and it was recommended by my friends to go to, the atmosphere is nice. The food was good; but I had a much better Japanes food than this place with less luxury style and much better food... Not only their food was good, but service was excellent too. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

20 Jan 2014
Dear Jj2525 Thank you for dining with us at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. We appreciate your effort on writing this candid review and hope to have you dining with us again soon. Warmest Regards The Management Irodori Japanese Restaurant

not recommended

Looking for a Japanese fix, I decided to come by Riverview Hotel after a getting the recommendation from another fellow reviewer.

A colourful sign board greets the entrance of this rather popular eatery and upon entry, one gets squeezed into a section that is designed to pack as many people as possible.

Despite being only half full when I arrived, getting orders was a difficult as not all the staff can take orders. Interestingly, it got more efficient as the night went on despite an increasing amount of inflow customers.

I started with the sashimi platter, as I do in any Japanese buffet which was alright but nothing stood out. The mekajiki, or swordfish sashimi, was a little too wet and the maguro, or tuna sashimi, had too many tendons, making it a difficult eat. Some of the fish was a little warm, which I suspect had to do with the waiting time from when it was prepared and when the dish was served.

Other items, like the chicken karaage and the Tsubaki (fried chicken wing) came out as expected.

The stronger items were its fried items, like the shishamo (pregnant capelin) and the prawn tempura, which when done fresh had a nice crunchy bite. Also, unlike most Japanese eateries, the freebie here (which is a grilled prawn with its roe in mayonnaise) is actually quite good. However, these by itself are not sufficient enough to garner a return visit from me.

Super good and affordable

It is my 1st time dining at here. The sashimi were fresh and on and off the staffs would serve complimentary dishes (super yummy) that are not inside the menu. The fried dishes were also very crunchy.