Review for Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel) (彩日本料理)

3.2

AsianJapanese
Address: #03-01, River View Hotel, 382 Havelock Road, 17955

15 Mar 2014

Irodori - oishi Japanese food

*Pris and I decided to meet for lunch at Irodori Japanese Restaurant, since she mentioned that the Japanese food here was good, and I have yet to try it for myself. Irodori Japanese Restaurant is located at 382 Havelock Road #03-01 Riverview Hotel, Singapore 169629 and the number for reservations is 6737 2002.   The open concept dining area was already filled with diners when we met up before noon. We were seated and served the Cold Tofu starter - with some salted vegetables and Japanese soy sauce, a tantalising appetite-teaser while we browsed the menus to order from this ala carte buffet setting.   Next, the Beef Slices - succulent and tasty, especially with the sweet flavor of onions infused into the flesh and gravy.    And the Lobster with roe - we were only allowed to have one each of this item. For the lobster lovers, this was definitely a favorite with us - springy fresh lobster meat, tinged with natural sweetness and the crunchiness / crinkling bursts of roe atop added a unique texture to the dish.   Moving on, the platter of Sashimi platter that we could not do without. Fresh, succulent and tasty, the tuna, swordfish, snapper and salmon slices were devoured rather quickly with squeezes of lemon and wasabi. We had another platter of this item, especially the Salmon and Swordfish sashimi.   For more detailed information and photos, please do visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2014/03/lunch-at-irodori-riverview-hotel.html

Sashimi, Sashimi, lobster mentaki
The management of Irodori Japanese Restaurant responded to this review:
11 Apr 2014
Dear ArcticStar,

Thank you for dining with us at Irodori Japanese Restaurant.
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that both of you were satisfied with our food. We will convey your compliments to our chef.
We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable dining experience.

Looking forward to have you dining with us again soon.

Best Regards,
The Management
Irodori Japanese Restaurant

More reviews of Irodori Japanese Restaurant

SMU Gourmet Club

For the full review with photos, visit :http://www.smugourmetclub.com/articles/irodori-riverview-hotel/

Irodori is a simple and chic-looking Japanese restaurant that promises good food at decent prices. Expect quality food – to be sure, we are excluding the leagues of Shinji and Aoki – from their a la carte buffet menu of Japanese cuisine mainstays. Conveniently located at Havelock Road, it is only a short journey to travel from school if you have cravings to satisfy.

We started with the complimentary Ebi Mentai Mayo (grilled tiger prawn). A pity this dish cannot be ordered again because it was one of the more noteworthy dishes, grilled to goodness. For a few fleeting moments of eating this, I had the sudden thought that mayo should used everywhere.

The buffet menu has a wide variety of choices and some of the dishes you have to order include the Sashimi Moriawase. The beautifully plated sashimi includes  a mixture ofShake (salmon), Maguro (tuna), Hamachi (yellow tail), Mekajiki (sword fish), Tako (octopus) and Tai (snapper). They give very generous cuts of the sashimi which is fresh and smooth. Waiting time for this dish will be longer on crowded days because everyone will be ordering sashimi (which is the main point of a Japanese buffet after all). Kudos to the tako. I had many slices that were glossily tender and filled with briny sweetness while a few did fall a bit below that.

There’s no way we would pass up the chance to have a simple Chawanmushi. Intensely savory, smooth, custardy, you could pick out the use of a really rich dashi or chicken stock. All the better when it was pouring outside at that time.

Should try

fresh sashimi. love the salmon belly and tuna. should try . but it is a little ex for average consumers.
Overall

Affordable buffet but slow service

For the freshness of sashimi, i will give them 5 stars. However the grilled menu is a bit salty and the restaurant is clearly under-staff. It is common to wait for 15 min to find someone to attend to you.
Management response from Irodori Japanese Restaurant, published 26 Oct 2015
Dear Jiang Pingping Joyce, Thank you for taking time to leave Irodori Japanese Restaurant a positive review. We will look into our grilled items and do a feedback to our F&B team. At the same time, we will look into our staffs’ schedule to ensure we have sufficient staffs on the ground to provide excellent dining experience for all our valued customers. We hope to serve you again soon. Yours sincerely, The Management Irodori Japanese Restaurant
Overall

My Jap lunch place to go to

One of Japanese restaurants with a widespread selection to choose from. The tempura is always freshly fried and crispy. I have never been served warm flaccid tempura! Yellow tail and salmon sashimi are always fresh and yummy. I never fail to order their fried rice and curry rice as I'm a carbo lover! The tea pot soup is flavourful. California handroll and spider temaki is always fresh too. My colleagues love the prawns with mentaiko. Service is efficient and prompt. Definitely my favorite lunch haunt. The buffet always has a credit card promotion tied to it so the price is reasonable.
Overall

pleasant dinner because of good service

First time to dine at this restaurant with my husband Last thursday night. No idea about what to eat and how it going with alacarte buffet Japanese.
Me and my husband are hard to decide what to eat because we don't know the name of the food and no photoS to describe. We call the lady waiter to order and we tell her that we are first timer in the restaurant but the lady called the filipino boy to assist us what to order. He politely introduce the buffet menu and how does it goes. When i started to order he suggested foods that are mostly take by customers. there is a food that we really like but i forgot the name of the maki. he assist us As we go on to our dinner. I like his way of serving and assisting the first time customer. that's why i tell him before i go "it was a pleasant dinner with my husband because of you. Thank you."

for sure I'll return this place soon.

this place is recommended for family