Reviews for Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel) (彩日本料理)

3.2

AsianJapanese

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

SMU Gourmet Club

For the full review with photos, visit :http://www.smugourmetclub.com/articles/irodori-riverview-hotel/

Irodori is a simple and chic-looking Japanese restaurant that promises good food at decent prices. Expect quality food – to be sure, we are excluding the leagues of Shinji and Aoki – from their a la carte buffet menu of Japanese cuisine mainstays. Conveniently located at Havelock Road, it is only a short journey to travel from school if you have cravings to satisfy.

We started with the complimentary Ebi Mentai Mayo (grilled tiger prawn). A pity this dish cannot be ordered again because it was one of the more noteworthy dishes, grilled to goodness. For a few fleeting moments of eating this, I had the sudden thought that mayo should used everywhere.

The buffet menu has a wide variety of choices and some of the dishes you have to order include the Sashimi Moriawase. The beautifully plated sashimi includes  a mixture ofShake (salmon), Maguro (tuna), Hamachi (yellow tail), Mekajiki (sword fish), Tako (octopus) and Tai (snapper). They give very generous cuts of the sashimi which is fresh and smooth. Waiting time for this dish will be longer on crowded days because everyone will be ordering sashimi (which is the main point of a Japanese buffet after all). Kudos to the tako. I had many slices that were glossily tender and filled with briny sweetness while a few did fall a bit below that.

There’s no way we would pass up the chance to have a simple Chawanmushi. Intensely savory, smooth, custardy, you could pick out the use of a really rich dashi or chicken stock. All the better when it was pouring outside at that time.

• 21 Jun 2015 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

My Jap lunch place to go to

Overall
One of Japanese restaurants with a widespread selection to choose from. The tempura is always freshly fried and crispy. I have never been served warm flaccid tempura! Yellow tail and salmon sashimi are always fresh and yummy. I never fail to order their fried rice and curry rice as I'm a carbo lover! The tea pot soup is flavourful. California handroll and spider temaki is always fresh too. My colleagues love the prawns with mentaiko. Service is efficient and prompt. Definitely my favorite lunch haunt. The buffet always has a credit card promotion tied to it so the price is reasonable.
• 07 Jun 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

pleasant dinner because of good service

Overall
First time to dine at this restaurant with my husband Last thursday night. No idea about what to eat and how it going with alacarte buffet Japanese.
Me and my husband are hard to decide what to eat because we don't know the name of the food and no photoS to describe. We call the lady waiter to order and we tell her that we are first timer in the restaurant but the lady called the filipino boy to assist us what to order. He politely introduce the buffet menu and how does it goes. When i started to order he suggested foods that are mostly take by customers. there is a food that we really like but i forgot the name of the maki. he assist us As we go on to our dinner. I like his way of serving and assisting the first time customer. that's why i tell him before i go "it was a pleasant dinner with my husband because of you. Thank you."

for sure I'll return this place soon.

this place is recommended for family

• 11 Mar 2015 • 223 reviews • 5 followers

Irodori Japanese Restaurant: Affordable Japanese Buffet At Riverview Hotel

Overall
More pics and thoughts at http://lepakwithyaops.com/irodori-japanese-restaurant-affordable-japanese-buffet-at-riverview-hotel

Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook The two things that formed my impression of Irodori Japanese Restaurant: Lightning Speed Service and Affordability ($36.8++). In addition, serving above-average food standard contributed to their numerous accolades and awards. On top of all these, selected card holders (find out HERE) will enjoy an additional 15% off for LUNCH buffet! Nothing fanciful nor grandiose, ambiance at Irodoriis themed towards zen, oriental and casual. Menu is neatly organised into different food types with easy to read description for each dish. After browsing through the menu, we were ready to order! After making ending my last order and before I could complete my first paragraph, came our first dish in 9.57s! Breaking the world's 100m record. Just to name a few, here were our orders: Salmon Sashimi, California Maki, Soft Shell Crab Maki, Grilled Prawns, Salmon Head etc. Certain dishes were disappointing: Grilled Bacon with golden mushroom and another grilled beef. Overall, I was very pleased with Irodori Japanese Restaurant. Left the place a happy person as I didn't burn my pocket and the food was value for money!