Back to Irodori Japanese Restaurant#03-01, River View Hotel, 382...

Sashimi16 votes

Wine Lists4 votes
Live Band3 votes
Relaxed3 votes
View/Scenery3 votes

15% Discount during lunch for ala carte buffet and ala carte only for selected cards*. Other deals are available, find out more

candy girl
 • 31 Jul 2013 134 reviews 3 followers
Overall
For the full post visit toseetofeeltoeat.

The selection at Irodori was definitely more extensive than that in Ikoi. They have a wider spread of food items and more variety for selection.

The dobin mushi at Irodori was really awesome! We had numerous pots and the fantastic thing about Irodori is that the Dobin Mushi here is free flow! In comparison, Ikoi's Dobin Mushi was a complimentary dish so each couple only had a pot to themselves.

Salmon Sashimi. This was our first order and it was splendid. Thick juicy and very fresh. The cuts were good and the sashimi was really sweet. However, our second order of salmon sashimi was disappointing. The cuts were quite poor and the sashimi slices were still attached to each other at the end because the sashimi was not cleanly cut.

The king prawns were complimentary and was nice! Fresh, well-grilled and very juicy.

The tempura was decent. It was not completely mind-blowing but it was not pathetic either. The batter was good and the tempura was crispy.

Buta enoki which refers to pork wrapped around a bunch of golden mushrooms. This dish was fabulous. I love the crunchy golden mushrooms within a layer of grilled juicy meat.

Mushrooms fried in butter and bacon cocktail. The mushrooms fried in butter consisted of a large portion of golden mushrooms and very little shitake mushrooms. The butter sauce was not too oily nor greasy which was a plus.

Speaking of wrong orders, Irodori got our orders mixed up a couple of times. Our first batch of orders came quickly and accurately without a glitch and we received all that we ordered. However, our second batch of orders became a bit of a problem. We received 4 chawanmushi instead of 2, our orders went missing, and after waiting for a really long time, some of our orders from the second batch simply refused to materialize. So we called for the bill and left.

Between Ikoi and Irodori, I like the wider selection of food in Irodori but I enjoy Ikoi's consistency and ability to deliver. Irodori seemed unable to handle a large crowd and when the room started to fill up, our orders started to get messed up too.

Must tries: Grilled prawns with mentaiko

Dear candy girl

Thank you for dining with us and appreciate your acknowledgement on the varieties. We are glad that you enjoyed the Dobin Mushi, King Prawns and etc. However, we apologize for the inconsistency in service. Looking forward to serve you better again soon.

Yours Sincerely
Irodori Japanese Restaurant
5 August 2013

05 August 2013

Lele Chan
 • 27 Jul 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
(1) The service is very, very bad. Staff is rude and unfriendly, made us feel quite uncomfortable eating there, esp when they love to stare at you and whisper among each other.

(2) The spread of the buffet is TERRIBLE. Menu is very limited: got fried radish, fried carrot, fried cucumber etc under their fried menu (i am NOT kidding). No drinks, No dessert, No prawns. The only nice thing on their menu is the salmon sashimi (good!) Basically a lot of cheap fried food and a lot of rice (sushi) but the sushi selection also v limited.

(3) Not cheap! For their pathetic menu, I paid $80+ for 2. I'd rather go to any other Jap buffet. We didn't eat full even (first time for a buffet) and we left feeling very disappointed. We were given discount vouchers for next visit but we won't return. I think I might have thrown away the vouchers even.

(4) By the way the grilled prawns with mentaiki is a SCAM! We tried to order and the staff said it's complimentary only. So what, must beg the chefs then can get?! TOO MUCH RIGHT.

Must tries: Sashimi

Dear Lele Chan

I must admit that we were very surprised to read your review as Irodori Japanese Restaurant has been around for five years now and we have been one of the most popular Japanese restaurants around town all these years. However, I do respect that we each have our own opinions and I will respect your dislike of our restaurant. However, I just would like to clarify some of your points. Firstly, we have more than one hundred over items plus additional complimentary dishes, which makes us one of the restaurants with a large spread and hence we have always built our brand name as a place that is very value for money. Given the rising food costs,we believe that our prices are very reasonable. Secondly the complimentary item is available for all tables, and it is something that we give to everyone. I hope this clarifies your concerns.

Yours Sincerely
Irodori Japanese Restaurant
2 August 2013

02 August 2013

Crystal Leng
 • 21 Jul 2013 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Celebrated my birthday with friends as I am Japanese Food lover.
This is ala carte Japanese Buffet, no details of the food, no picture, only have the name of the food.
Still can accept, HOWEVER, the staffs here are terrible service with black face... Are we owing them money or what??!! We were not even asking questions, they showed their attitude when we ordered food... This is ala carte buffet! We had no choice, need to order food what!
But, these are only applied to the China Staffs, as there is one auntie (sound like local or Malaysian) with shining smile and patient explaination on the food.
We did not know what we ate, as they "throw" the plates to our table with mumbling or not even mentioned anything.
The food, no comment, not very good but not bad also...
The Sashimi, not the best that I ever had for the similar price.
Seating are clouded. I felt that 3 of us are sharing table with the other 4 customers... As the distance between the tables are very close.

After we paid, we got discount as we had the OCBC card, and they gave us discount vouchers. Since we DO NOT want to come back anymore, and definately not recommend our friends, we left the vouchers on the table.

Dear Crystal,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. We are sorry that you had a poor experience with us. Our service may be a little slow during busy periods but that is certainly no reason to not have a smile on our face. I will use your feedback to remind our staff of the importance of good service. We hope that you will give us another chance.

Yours Sincerely,