Reviews for Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel)

AsianJapanese
smugourmetclub

SMU Gourmet Club

For the full review with photos, visit :http://www.smugourmetclub.com/articles/irodori-riverview-hotel/

Irodori is a simple and chic-looking Japanese restaurant that promises good food at decent prices. Expect quality food – to be sure, we are excluding the leagues of Shinji and Aoki – from their a la carte buffet menu of Japanese cuisine mainstays. Conveniently located at Havelock Road, it is only a short journey to travel from school if you have cravings to satisfy.

We started with the complimentary Ebi Mentai Mayo (grilled tiger prawn). A pity this dish cannot be ordered again because it was one of the more noteworthy dishes, grilled to goodness. For a few fleeting moments of eating this, I had the sudden thought that mayo should used everywhere.

The buffet menu has a wide variety of choices and some of the dishes you have to order include the Sashimi Moriawase. The beautifully plated sashimi includes  a mixture ofShake (salmon), Maguro (tuna), Hamachi (yellow tail), Mekajiki (sword fish), Tako (octopus) and Tai (snapper). They give very generous cuts of the sashimi which is fresh and smooth. Waiting time for this dish will be longer on crowded days because everyone will be ordering sashimi (which is the main point of a Japanese buffet after all). Kudos to the tako. I had many slices that were glossily tender and filled with briny sweetness while a few did fall a bit below that.

There’s no way we would pass up the chance to have a simple Chawanmushi. Intensely savory, smooth, custardy, you could pick out the use of a really rich dashi or chicken stock. All the better when it was pouring outside at that time.

salmon sashimi
17 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

A place not meant for fat people

Has been my fave restaurant for a good 4 years. They serve reasonably good sashimi cuts. However today's visit was was a bit of a disappointment. Came in at 6pm and ordered some kitchen food, sashimi and sushi. Sashimi and sushi was fast. But kitchen food either took very long or it never came at all. We waited till 730pm before we left. Some of the food I had ordered at 6pm never came. Sitting space was too congested (bar counter). totally had no breathing space needless to say having all our dishes cramped in front of our faces.
05 Jan 2015 • 30 reviews • 33 followers

Affordable Japanese buffet

Japanese buffet with many many items, fresh sashimi, cooked food, fried food, noodles and rice dishes, you name it, they have it!

Sashimi is fresh!

Full review with pictures here: http://ilovedawn00.blogspot.sg/2015/01/food-review-irodori-japanese-restaurant.html
01 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

FULLY SATISFIED, EXCELLENT AND REMARKABLE FOOD AND SERVICE QUALITY!!!

Since I am a Japanese food lover. I have had saw this restaurant from and advertisement on social website like facebook and it catched my attention for the nice description about their restaurant. And I've told myself to try this Irodori Japanese restaurant how great their service and the quality of food.

I've dine last Christmas Eve in which I did not expect that the restaurant was very crowded and I told to myself maybe they cannot reach their good service and the quality of food as they mention on the social site. But, moreover I'm still trying to dine because I prefered that night with my friends. the time came that we called the service crew to assist all our orders and i was surprised that they are now using technologies like Ipod to order (credit to them). The time that i was asking to orders then the service crew introduce first their special foods for that night which is good so that we will be aware of what do we need to order so that it would not be doubled and crowded on our table for it is ala carte buffet.

Their speial foods are, special sashimi with sweet prawn which i really liked it. Ebi mentai with top with a delicious sauce. ika kabayaki, kama shioyaki (grilled fish check), speial tebasaki karaage. and more which i cannot remember all and all the dishes inside the buffet are delicious in which I loved to be back.

Talking about the service although there are some foods that we need to follow up to them because it's quite waiting and i understand because full house but they still serve it as fastest as they can (credit to them.) not like other restaurant that if you asked the service crew to follow up your orders they will say yes what nothing happened.

I really salute them as they did what they really need to do as service staff..

So friends , people out there come, witness, and enjoy the food as you dine in this restaurant. surely you will like it as I have Liked it Much!!!