Reviews for Irodori Japanese Restaurant (River View Hotel) (彩日本料理)

3.2

AsianJapanese
Address: #03-01, River View Hotel, 382 Havelock Road, 17955

14 Mar 2013

SMU Gourmet Club

For the full review with photos, visit :http://www.smugourmetclub.com/articles/irodori-riverview-hotel/

Irodori is a simple and chic-looking Japanese restaurant that promises good food at decent prices. Expect quality food – to be sure, we are excluding the leagues of Shinji and Aoki – from their a la carte buffet menu of Japanese cuisine mainstays. Conveniently located at Havelock Road, it is only a short journey to travel from school if you have cravings to satisfy.

We started with the complimentary Ebi Mentai Mayo (grilled tiger prawn). A pity this dish cannot be ordered again because it was one of the more noteworthy dishes, grilled to goodness. For a few fleeting moments of eating this, I had the sudden thought that mayo should used everywhere.

The buffet menu has a wide variety of choices and some of the dishes you have to order include the Sashimi Moriawase. The beautifully plated sashimi includes  a mixture ofShake (salmon), Maguro (tuna), Hamachi (yellow tail), Mekajiki (sword fish), Tako (octopus) and Tai (snapper). They give very generous cuts of the sashimi which is fresh and smooth. Waiting time for this dish will be longer on crowded days because everyone will be ordering sashimi (which is the main point of a Japanese buffet after all). Kudos to the tako. I had many slices that were glossily tender and filled with briny sweetness while a few did fall a bit below that.

There’s no way we would pass up the chance to have a simple Chawanmushi. Intensely savory, smooth, custardy, you could pick out the use of a really rich dashi or chicken stock. All the better when it was pouring outside at that time.

More reviews of Irodori Japanese Restaurant

Overall

Language problem as some waitresses are not locals.

Had buffet here 3 times since last year. Place is a bit small & better to reserve before you go. Sashimi (salmon, tai, prawn & tuna) is my favourite though noticed 1st order is quite general, subsequent orders will be lesser. 'Chawanmushi' & Handroll with seaweed wrap tasted good as well.
Overall

Long minute notice share table for V day

When i book more than 1 week in advance for V day they didnt notice me that our table will be shared with other couple untill the day before V day then they call and tell me.. ridiculous. Somemore is V day menu, cancel and let me left with no much choice for reselecting other place as too near to V day le.
Management response from Irodori Japanese Restaurant, published 17 Feb 2014
Dear Jimmywu, Thank you for thinking about Irodori Japanese Restaurant as your dining destination. We would like to apologize for informing you late as Valentine’s Day is very popular and we were trying not to turn couples away. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and still look forward to have you dining with us again. Best Regards, The Management Irodori Japanese Restaurant
Overall

Quality food for reasonable prices

Overall, the buffet was good with quite a spread to sample. The sashimi was fresh and decently cut. The small servings lets you try almost everything on the menu before getting too stuffed.

Make a reservation to avoid disappointment. We were glad they managed to accomodate our friday booking which included one baby pram and one wheelchair.

It was pretty packed but service was prompt. The service staff were also friendly and polite.

We'll definitely be back again.

100% satisfaction

I dinned in this restaurant for the first time and it was recommended by my friends to go to, the atmosphere is nice. The food was good; but I had a much better Japanes food than this place with less luxury style and much better food... Not only their food was good, but service was excellent too. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
Management response from Irodori Japanese Restaurant, published 20 Jan 2014
Dear Jj2525 Thank you for dining with us at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. We appreciate your effort on writing this candid review and hope to have you dining with us again soon. Warmest Regards The Management Irodori Japanese Restaurant

A Sweet Place to Be

Food is good, should try. The shop is both clean and tidy. All the staff members there greeted my companions and me with smiles as warm as the pies they serve there. I would thoroughly recommend IRODORI JAPANESE RESTAURANT to anyone with a sweet tooth. I know I'll certainly be returning soon.
Management response from Irodori Japanese Restaurant, published 20 Jan 2014
Dear fmteo8 Thank you for dining with us and recommending Irodori Japanese Restaurant. We are pleased with your response for our foods and restaurant environment. Do visit us soon again! Warmest Regards The Management Irodori Japanese Restaurant