Back to Irodori Japanese Restaurant#03-01, River View Hotel, 382...

Sashimi23 votes

Ala Carte3 votes
Live Band3 votes
Relaxed3 votes
View/Scenery3 votes

15% Discount during lunch for ala carte buffet and ala carte only for selected cards*. Other deals are available, find out more

Lele Chan
 • 27 Jul 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
(1) The service is very, very bad. Staff is rude and unfriendly, made us feel quite uncomfortable eating there, esp when they love to stare at you and whisper among each other.

(2) The spread of the buffet is TERRIBLE. Menu is very limited: got fried radish, fried carrot, fried cucumber etc under their fried menu (i am NOT kidding). No drinks, No dessert, No prawns. The only nice thing on their menu is the salmon sashimi (good!) Basically a lot of cheap fried food and a lot of rice (sushi) but the sushi selection also v limited.

(3) Not cheap! For their pathetic menu, I paid $80+ for 2. I'd rather go to any other Jap buffet. We didn't eat full even (first time for a buffet) and we left feeling very disappointed. We were given discount vouchers for next visit but we won't return. I think I might have thrown away the vouchers even.

(4) By the way the grilled prawns with mentaiki is a SCAM! We tried to order and the staff said it's complimentary only. So what, must beg the chefs then can get?! TOO MUCH RIGHT.

Must tries: Sashimi

Dear Lele Chan

I must admit that we were very surprised to read your review as Irodori Japanese Restaurant has been around for five years now and we have been one of the most popular Japanese restaurants around town all these years. However, I do respect that we each have our own opinions and I will respect your dislike of our restaurant. However, I just would like to clarify some of your points. Firstly, we have more than one hundred over items plus additional complimentary dishes, which makes us one of the restaurants with a large spread and hence we have always built our brand name as a place that is very value for money. Given the rising food costs,we believe that our prices are very reasonable. Secondly the complimentary item is available for all tables, and it is something that we give to everyone. I hope this clarifies your concerns.

Yours Sincerely
Irodori Japanese Restaurant
2 August 2013

02 August 2013

Crystal Leng
 • 21 Jul 2013 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Celebrated my birthday with friends as I am Japanese Food lover.
This is ala carte Japanese Buffet, no details of the food, no picture, only have the name of the food.
Still can accept, HOWEVER, the staffs here are terrible service with black face... Are we owing them money or what??!! We were not even asking questions, they showed their attitude when we ordered food... This is ala carte buffet! We had no choice, need to order food what!
But, these are only applied to the China Staffs, as there is one auntie (sound like local or Malaysian) with shining smile and patient explaination on the food.
We did not know what we ate, as they "throw" the plates to our table with mumbling or not even mentioned anything.
The food, no comment, not very good but not bad also...
The Sashimi, not the best that I ever had for the similar price.
Seating are clouded. I felt that 3 of us are sharing table with the other 4 customers... As the distance between the tables are very close.

After we paid, we got discount as we had the OCBC card, and they gave us discount vouchers. Since we DO NOT want to come back anymore, and definately not recommend our friends, we left the vouchers on the table.

Dear Crystal,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. We are sorry that you had a poor experience with us. Our service may be a little slow during busy periods but that is certainly no reason to not have a smile on our face. I will use your feedback to remind our staff of the importance of good service. We hope that you will give us another chance.

Yours Sincerely,
The Management Team

23 July 2013

Pink Lurver
 • 01 Jun 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went to the restaurant and was surprised that reservation was not made at all and was assigned to counter seats that was later changed to the normal seating with a sulky expression of the staff. It seems that the staff do not really believe in the reservation made from us, serving of the food was kind of so so as compared to the previous we had.

Dear Pink Lurver,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. What pains me more is that you are a regular customer with us. We take your feedback seriously and will remind our staff to be more courteous when dealing with our customers as we value your patronage. Thank you for your feedback once again and we hope that you would give us another chance.

Yours Sincerely,