Back to Irodori Japanese Restaurant#03-01, River View Hotel, 382...

chawanmushi3 votes
Ala Carte3 votes
Live Band3 votes
Relaxed3 votes
View/Scenery3 votes

15% Discount during lunch for ala carte buffet and ala carte only for selected cards*. Other deals are available, find out more

Singapore Gordon Ramsay
 • 07 May 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
After dining at ikoi for close to ten years, we've decided to try out irodori. Both
Restaurants have similar buffet menus. Irodori does offer a wider range of dishes.

I'm an ardent fan of Japanese cuisine and have even worked in a Japanese restaurant. This said, I have high expectations of Japanese cuisine. We ordered sashimi first and it arrived, beautifully plated. Flavor wise, it has a clean taste to it.

Judging the complimentary dishes, I admit that ikoi has a better and more unique salmon complimentary dish. Irodori offers grilled prawns, salmon head which were seasoned to perfection.

My first time dining there was during lunchtime and the restaurant was not very busy. Hence the service was swift and we were extremely satisfied And delighted.

However, the 2nd time we went there was during a busy dinner service. They actually forgot our complimentary dishes despite reminding them a few times! In the end, it never came.

Overall, I love this restaurant and will definitely return again. Additionally, I will strongly recommend everyone, especially Japanese food and buffet lovers, to go and try out! Order like no tomorrow!

Must tries: Sashimi, Grilled prawns with mentaiko, Irodori special Maki, Sashimi, Irodori special Maki

After Work, Birthdays, Buffet, Dinner, Lunch, Relaxed

Management

Dear Singapore Gordon Ramsay,

Thank you for your review. We have a strong history of offering a good value for money spread and I am glad that you enjoyed our spread of dishes. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive your complimentary items. I hope you give us a chance to make it up to you on your next visit. Thank you once again for your feedback and all of us at the restaurant look forward to serving you again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

After Work, Birthdays, Buffet, Dinner, Lunch, Relaxed

Necrodamus
 • 10 Apr 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Was here yesterday evening with a friend for the buffet dinner.

Unfortunately, am unable to comment on the food as they misplaced 95% of our order. After waiting for almost an hour, all that we received were 2 plates of sushi (2 pcs each) and 2 bowls of chawanmushi.

Making matters worse was the fact that the patrons at the tables around us arrived later than we did, yet had food promptly and continually delivered to them.

Gave up and asked them to cancel everything.

To their credit, the Chinese man behind the cash register (I suppose he was the manager) did make an attempt to rush the kitchen for our orders, but we were hardly in the mood to continue with dinner at that point. And he was decent enough to waive the bill totally without any issue when he saw that we had no intention of staying on.

Perhaps will return to try my luck again another time...

Management

Dear Nicrodamus,

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at our restaurant. Whilst it was a very busy day, that is certainly no excuse for the mistake that was made in your orders and we apologise for it once again. We hope that you would give us another chance again soon to make up for the poor experience.

Yours Sincerely,