Summary

teh tarik ice cream, Mud Pie, Apple Pie, chendol ice cream, Cookie and Cream ice cream, Nutella ice cream, pulut hitam, Horlick Ice Cream, Reverso, Tiger Beer Sorbet, very berry, Bandung, baked alaska, black forest, oreo, pure vanilla, soursop, strawberry sorbet View all
Vibrant/Noisy, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, After Work, Girls Night Out, Take Away, Cheap Eat/Budget, Supper, Boys Night Out, High Tea, Romance/First Dates, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, People Watching, Quiet View all

Excellent Pulut Hitam Ice Cream

Food/Drink 5 | Value 5 | Ambience N/A | Service 3

I have had a craving for Pulut Hitam dessert for 2 weeks.

Last weekend, I decided to pop by to get a pint of their Pulut Hitam Ice Cream.

Good thing is they have it in stock! It costs $10.

Brought it back home and I finished a third of it in 1 sitting.

They also have other local flavours such as Horlicks, Chendol, Teh Tarik in addition to unique flavours suchj as burnt caramel as well as bananas and cream.

Recommended!

Most helpful reviews for Island Creamery (Serene Centre)

A sweet stopover

The trip to Serene Centre was like a walk down memory lane. Years had flown by and I hadn’t been back since graduation. Along with Coronation Plaza, these two old-school malls were my hangouts and it’s heartening to see that the Golden Arches was still here.

How I wished Island Creamery was around then. There were times when the lot of us would avoid the fast food joint when we got too loud and inevitably invited stares. When that happened there wasn’t any alternative place to hang and we had to go home after school.

In any case, I brought K here for desserts. By this time our lunch had partially digested and I was able to indulge in some sweet treats.

The mini baked alaska ($4.80) was given a few spins in the microwave oven before it’s served. The very berry ice cream didn’t melt too much but the meringue had gone totally soft. The cake base was dry on its own so it’s best to eat it with ice cream and meringue.

We had teh tarik ice cream (single scoop $2.80) which was rich, smooth and creamy. It wasn’t too sweet and we liked the kick of a slight bitterness, an indication of a strong tea presence.

It seemed the main clientele was students. Not that we felt out of place but now that we were no longer in uniforms, it would've been a bit strange to linger too long in an ice cream parlour.

Worst experience ever

Food/Drink 1 | Value 1 | Ambience N/A | Service 1

Order ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday party, the cake was frozen like a piece of rock even after 2 hours of delivery. Not able to cut and share with guests. What a shame. Will never go to this ice cream shop again, and warn everyone not to take any chance with this store.

Creamy-good ice-cream that's worth the price!

I absolutely adore the ice-cream at Island Creamery!!
There's a good variety of flavours, and my faves are nutella, ping pong milo and holicks!!
The service is awesome too! Smiles are always a natural feature on the staffs' faces :)

Island of Ice-cream!!!

For more great reviews, visit http://www.littletinysun.com
Whether you're alone or with a group of friends, Island Creamery makes a perfect hide-out with its' rather simple furniture and laid-back store concept.

Greeted with the typical chalkboard of any ice-cream store, Island creamery boasts of its delicious ice-cream, with home flavours ranging from Milk Tea, pulau hiram, pineapple tart, durian and so forth.

For a double scoop of $4.50, the ice-cream is extremely gentle to your pockets; especially if you're a student just looking for a place to chit-chat!
I ordered Teh Tarik and traditional flavour Pure Vanilla. Teh Tarik was slightly bitter instead of being milky sweet. If you are sensitive to caffeine, this wouldn't be recommended!.