Back to Island Creamery#01-03, Serene Centre, 10 Jalan Serene

People Watching6 votes

Squishyxy123
 • 06 Jun 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I absolutely adore the ice-cream at Island Creamery!!
There's a good variety of flavours, and my faves are nutella, ping pong milo and holicks!!
The service is awesome too! Smiles are always a natural feature on the staffs' faces :)

littletinysun
 • 30 Dec 2013 66 reviews 3 followers
Overall
For more great reviews, visit http://www.littletinysun.com
Whether you're alone or with a group of friends, Island Creamery makes a perfect hide-out with its' rather simple furniture and laid-back store concept.

Greeted with the typical chalkboard of any ice-cream store, Island creamery boasts of its delicious ice-cream, with home flavours ranging from Milk Tea, pulau hiram, pineapple tart, durian and so forth.

For a double scoop of $4.50, the ice-cream is extremely gentle to your pockets; especially if you're a student just looking for a place to chit-chat!
I ordered Teh Tarik and traditional flavour Pure Vanilla. Teh Tarik was slightly bitter instead of being milky sweet. If you are sensitive to caffeine, this wouldn't be recommended!.

Must tries: teh tarik ice cream, Teh Tarik, pure vanilla

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Cheap Eat/Budget, Delivery, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Night Out, People Watching, Relaxed, Take Away, Trendy, View/Scenery

Edward Tang
 • 25 Aug 2012 44 reviews 6 followers
Overall
Always my wonderful partner and girlfriend, ZX accompanied me to their outlet at Serene Centre which looks like a 1900s American restaurant with rosey red walls filled with photos of past diners sharing their own experiences at the parlour, signboard menu fully loaded with huge words, price tags and pictures above the metal counter with tables and chair imprinted with their brand messily dumped everywhere. Pretty chaotic especially when everyone was blabbering at the top of their voice but that's the way things are at Island Creamery. A homely kinda feel I have to say.

We took our own sweet time, tasting each flavour, seeking each other's opinion and sometimes, assurance that it's not weird seeing teh tarik, pineapple tart, pulut hitam or even tiger sorbet ones and not a single tub of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ones in sight since the folks behind the counter thinks these are boring ones. Opting them out might be a bad decision but who really cares if you can create other flavours which are worth trying right?

ZX walked back to our unattended table, eager to finish off her bowl of double scoop which were already melting along the way. Mango Sorbet was really sweet which sort of reminded me of those honey mango I enjoyed back in my childhood days only this time it's, iced. The Milo Ping Bong Balls, as ZX described: "The marshmallows which are known as ping bong balls just melts in your mouth. The sensation is indescribable as though your secret crush just confessed to you!"

I like to think as ZX being lunatic or something about her description since it's just milo plus marshmallows but I'm guessing it's her favourite so naturally she would be more liberal with her words?

Pink is my favourite colour and I just can't resisting seeking a scoop of their Strawberry Sorbet with bits of strawberries incorporated in it was just a delight. Although Coconut Swirl was not ZX's favourite, it sure was mine! It's as though I can't stop scooping it once I started it. Highly addictive flavour I have to say...

It was a wonderful time having ice creams at Island Creamery, a really good excuse to step into the cool shop to escape the blazing Sun outside. I also realised that the outlet at Serene Centre seems to me like a magnet for students to chill and relax after a day of school work. Not exactly a good place to bring your date-to-be if your intention expands more than just having ice creams.

After Work, Children/Family, Chillout, Girls Night Out, High Tea, Large Groups/Gathering, People Watching, Supper, Take Away, Vibrant/Noisy