Back to (Closed) Istanbul Gourmet#01-03, Eastpoint Mall, 3 Simei...

Chicken Roll3 votes
laksa3 votes

Jejerm
 • 16 Mar 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Me and my makan gang were interested to find real good food in the east and was recommended by one of our friends staying in the east.

I must saw we were totally impressed by the food that was served to us by the chef. First we had the stuffed chicken roll with baked potatoes. Totally heavenly man... the chicken was marinated with the right mix of herbs.. crispy on the outside and tender inside... the brown sauce that was served on it.. hmmmm a dish we cannot forget!

Next up.. Chicken donar kebab.. It was a bit different from the usual middle eastern fare.. but i guess its adopted to Singapore taste. the bread was tender and the chicken on it was roasted perfectly with a bit of the char taste.. It was tender as well =).. Pretty good combination, I actually ta- paoed one back haha

We finished the round with Istanbul Gourmet Laksa. Surprised to hear that Istanbul actually has laksa. Upon talking to the chef, its actually Nyonya Laksa that is cooked traditionally. Very sedap... the gravy was not overly thin like singapore laksa. instead it was a bit creamy and has the scent of multiple local herbs in it. One of the best laksa we have tasted so far!

Would recommend more friends to come by but the chef mentioned that they will be moving out temporarily while the mall is being renovated for a year ++. Neverthe less they have another branch in Joo Chiat. To Istanbul Gourmet Joo Chiat on the next trip!!

Must tries: Chicken Roll, laksa, Chicken Kebab with yellow fragrant rice, Laksa & Doner Kebah

After Work, Ala Carte, Brunch

Khang Wei
 • 20 Jan 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Kitchen nightmare experience. 0/10! Believe me, this is the first time I rate 0/10!

The staff are all decked in professional chef's outfit. Display newspaper 'reviews' from 1998! Complete pretentious food.

My mutton doner kebab is so depressing. Minced meat which don't even stick together sprinkled with unmelted mozzarella cheese (the cheap ones you get from the supermarket), sandwiched between normal cheap burger bun. Worst food ever. McDonald's is an 8/10 in comparison to this bullshit.

This is such an insult to Middle Eastern cuisine. This is even more insulting to the animals which have died for this kinda crappy food. They should be ashamed of themselves and close shop!

Khang Wei
 • 19 Jan 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Kitchen nightmare experience. Istanbul Gourmet my a**. Believe me, this is the first time I rate 0/10!

Link from their website:

"DONAR KEBAB :Healthy Pita Bread with choice of either Kebab Chicken or Mutton top with cheese,onions,lettuce,tomato and Istanbul gourmet salad dressing"

Healthy pita bread = normal burger bun?

ISTANBUL GOURMET DRESSING = Sweet chilli sauce from supermarket (Maggi kind?)

This is false advertising!!!!