Had a complementary night stay at Ibis and didn't want to venture far for dinner. So we thought we'll give TASTE a chance. With our girls, we ordered 2 sets of 5 dishes each and a hamburger meal. For 22++ each set, we figured the sampler size will be rather small.
Some of the dishes were almost full-sized portions. And the food arrived very stylo-ly decorated, A for effort. Food wise, not all were great:
1) Char Kuey Tiao - good size and actually quite nice with the see-hum in the mix
2) Hokkien Fried Noodle - a tad dry for my liking but also not too bad on taste. I've had worse elsewhere.
3) Satay - only 3 lonely sticks! So poor things I thought!! I honestly thought this dish could have 5 or 6 sticks of Satay. The serving of the Satay gravy in a shooter glass was quite chio and classy
4) Beef Horfun - tender beef slices and Kuey tiao in sauce. Hubby thought they kinda overdid the wok-hei thingie, to the point he thought there were a burnt taste. :P
5) Chicken Rice - this came served in a bamboo tiffin carrier, super cute lor! Rice I thought was a little hard but fragrant enough. Chicken was tender and good.
6) Coffee Ribs - I didn't try this but hubby said it's not bad at all
7) Nasi Lemak - Generous serving of rice and chicken wing and ikan bilis and a cute egg...in the form of a quail's egg!!
8) Stir-fried Vege - this dish is very forgettable
9) Fried Carrot Cake - Good amount of eggs and you can actually see shreds of red carrot in the turnip cake bits. Good taste too.
To be fair, there isn't a single dish that I will come back specially for but if I have friends whom I want to introduce local cuisine in a nice aircon place, I'll think of this place. :)