Reviews for JAAN

EuropeanFrenchWestern
Ms Skinnyfat

Fantastic view with amazing food

Read more about Jaan on my blog www.ms-skinnyfat.com   Our meal is designed by Chef de Cuisin Julien Royer, a young chef who brings with him the unique taste of Cantal, Auvergne, France. Growing up on a farm developed in him a great appreciation of pure and organic ingredients and 'simplicity' (so he says) in his dishes. Seasonal ingredients are used to ensure freshness and thus the flavors will be different each quarter you visit. Here is our 7 course Winter Prestige Menu.   We had 3 Amuse Bouche before the start of our 7 course meal. Sheesh!My stomach was starting to fill up a little by the time our first course came. Wild Caught Langoustine and Avocado Canneloni, served on top of a light crustacean jelly, ikura and Oscietra Caviar. This is a light seafood dish which is served cold. I like how the jelly is bisque infused. Needless to say i polished every bit of this.    2nd Course is one of my favorite dishes from Jaan. One of their signatures too. The 55' Rosemary Smoked Organic Egg with smoked rattes, autumn mushrooms and chorizo iberico. Perfect breakfast food that i would eat any time of the day. The smoked rosemary reminded me of our previous experience at Mikuni (read it here).   Many dishes in between...   Desserts was the 4th Generation of Choconuts, a staple at Jaan but it is currently on its version 4. Sable Breton, textures of white, milk and dark chocolate in biscuit, crumble, aerated, creamed, meringue, flakes and ice cream form. There was also a surprise with those crackly pops in the chocolate bits.   There are about 3 menus to pick from and the minimum is a 5 course for dinner. I kinda regretted not doing that as there is some wagyu or beef short ribs and you know how i love my red meats (not pigeon). So yea. Jaan, great place for the special occasion.
06 Nov 2014 • 25 reviews • 0 follower

Amazing food!

JAAN is consistantly awarded Asia's Best 50 Restaurant and it really worth a visit. Locates on 70F @ Raffles City with great view of the bay and MBS. Decoration is not that fancy but quite old compare to other new famous gourmet places in sg. While their food are just amazing! Amazing presenting and tastes....read my post for further infomation. Thanks:)
11 Oct 2014 • 140 reviews • 6 followers

A beautiful lunch!!!

Reservation is strongly recommended. When I called, I was told the next available slot for lunch was 3 weeks later. Although when I called a second time to reschedule the lunch appointment, I was able to change it easily to a week later. And to get to JAAN, one must come from Swissotel main lobby. There’s a lift dedicated for patrons heading to Equinox Complex.

Once we stepped out of the lift, the receptionist for the restaurants at Level 70 checked our booking before leading us to JAAN. As requested in our reservation, we were allocated window table! Yeah. But ladies, please remember to put
24 Aug 2014 • 121 reviews • 7 followers

Exquisite 10 course menu Epicure

For pictures and full review, pls visit:
(only half of my review is here due to the word limit)
Previously, I have tried Jaan’s set lunch and was begging for more (who wouldn’t?). Our anniversary was the perfect excuse to revisit for Jaan’s degustation dinner. Limited seats are assigned to diners who wish to use the Amex Platinum card promotion (50% for 2 pax), hence we queued for 3 months for our table. There are 4 set dinner selections available: 5, 7 or 10 course, and a 5 course vegetarian menu. I was apprehensive to try