Reviews for JAAN

4.1

EuropeanFrenchWestern
Address: Level 70, Equinox Complex, Swissotel The Stamford, 2 Stamford Road, 178882

Fantastic view with amazing food

Read more about Jaan on my blog www.ms-skinnyfat.com   Our meal is designed by Chef de Cuisin Julien Royer, a young chef who brings with him the unique taste of Cantal, Auvergne, France. Growing up on a farm developed in him a great appreciation of pure and organic ingredients and 'simplicity' (so he says) in his dishes. Seasonal ingredients are used to ensure freshness and thus the flavors will be different each quarter you visit. Here is our 7 course Winter Prestige Menu.   We had 3 Amuse Bouche before the start of our 7 course meal. Sheesh!My stomach was starting to fill up a little by the time our first course came. Wild Caught Langoustine and Avocado Canneloni, served on top of a light crustacean jelly, ikura and Oscietra Caviar. This is a light seafood dish which is served cold. I like how the jelly is bisque infused. Needless to say i polished every bit of this.    2nd Course is one of my favorite dishes from Jaan. One of their signatures too. The 55' Rosemary Smoked Organic Egg with smoked rattes, autumn mushrooms and chorizo iberico. Perfect breakfast food that i would eat any time of the day. The smoked rosemary reminded me of our previous experience at Mikuni (read it here).   Many dishes in between...   Desserts was the 4th Generation of Choconuts, a staple at Jaan but it is currently on its version 4. Sable Breton, textures of white, milk and dark chocolate in biscuit, crumble, aerated, creamed, meringue, flakes and ice cream form. There was also a surprise with those crackly pops in the chocolate bits.   There are about 3 menus to pick from and the minimum is a 5 course for dinner. I kinda regretted not doing that as there is some wagyu or beef short ribs and you know how i love my red meats (not pigeon). So yea. Jaan, great place for the special occasion.
• 24 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Had a fabulous dinner at the Jaan.

Overall
Every dish was creatively presented and tasted very good. Food is reasonably priced and value for money. However, the alcoholic drinks were overpriced in my opinion. Will come back soon with my family!
• 02 May 2015 • 17 reviews • 2 followers

Whew, what an experience (and mind-blowing mushroom tea)!

Overall
Here's an in-depth review so prepare to be accosted with colours and plating that looks like art. I had the 7-course Menu Prestige degustation - Jaan has some of the best appetizers including a mind-blowing mushroom soup, but the mains can be a hit (hint: pigeon) or miss. Nonetheless, Jaan is one of those special places you have to try at least once - and I mean, really, check out That view!

Number #11 on San Pellegrino’s list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants in 2015 and a strong player in the list over several years, I’ll readily admit I was excited for this meal. Jaan, helmed by Chef de cuisine Julien Royer, presents modern french cuisine with tantalising visuals, often calling for the hostesses to add the final touch to the dish right before your very eyes.
• 02 Apr 2015 • 73 reviews • 3 followers

One of my FAVORITE restaurants in town

Overall

Everything was amazing as before, had 5 courses deguestion lunch but got far more than that. Love the rosemary eggs, mushroon tea, hummus, trout, amada and dessert. The view was breathetaking!

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes