Jade Room Restaurant (Newton) (会宾楼)

Summary

Food/Drink3
-, Egg white with scallops & crab meat, Fried Chicken Wings!, Peking Duck, STEAMBOAT BUFFER, prawn is fresh View all
Vibrant/Noisy, Large Groups/Gathering, Buffet, Children/Family, Dinner View all

Peking Duck - Personal Fav

I have always enjoyed my visits to Jade Room after being recommended my a friend. This time round, the occasion is Father's Day. I continue to avoid the steamboat and just stick to my personal favourite - Peking Duck.

I called in advance to book the duck so as to cut down the waiting time. When i arrived, then i ordered the rest of the dinner course:

1)Peking Duck

2) Egg White steamed with crab meat and scallop

3) Steamed fish with chai po

4) Crispy wrap with duck meat

5) Milky soup with duck bones

6) Dessert - fried egg white balls with lotus paste

As you can see, we devour the entire duck (skin wraps, meat & bones soup) and that was the sole intention of visiting Jade Room! Captain Katerine was very friendly and accomodating as usual to ensure my family have a private corner for the dinner. I will definitely visit again... just for the duck of course :)

Most helpful reviews for Jade Room Restaurant (Newton)

I can't explain...

This wasn't good. We were actually charged a sum of money for one of the dishes, however, one of the staff stated the price that is $20 more than the normal one, which shows that they are cheating our money. But what they didn't know is that the food could be one of the worst I've eaten as some are not warm especially.

Steamboat Buffet

A wide variety of food for steamboat. There's even cooked food as you wait for your steamboat to be ready. A value for money buffet considering the range of seafood and other food for just less than $20. The steamboat sauces are a hit. The restaurant is big and spacious. The waitresses are fiendly and the food is refilled constantly. A place worth trying.

Disappointed... ...

Firstly, limited variety. Most of the foods are those normal stuffs. So definetly, not worth the money!! As for the service, i dont think is excellent nor is it bad but those average service. To end of, i really think that it should try to improve if not really not worth the $ for a treat in a hotel!

No need to go Beijing to eat Peking Duck

Peking duck is delightfully tasty. The ambient of the restaurant is very pleasant with warm lights shining all over, it almost feels like I am in a Beijing restaurant. Service is good and prompt. I would definitely recommend friends & families to come back for more.

One night of Peking Duck