Back to Jai Thai#B1-12, Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, 11 Orchard Road
hirojtys
 • 09 Jan 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I had visted Jai Thai previously and was pleasantly surprised by their ability to whip up an authentic Thai feast.

Imagine my disappoitnment when I visited their branch in Dhoby Ghaut XChange. I ordered a plate of small Olive Rice, small Mango Salad and for appetisers - a small plate of spring rolls.

When the food came, I was appalled at the portion of food. It was really small and was nothing compared to the Jai Thai at Purvis Street. The olive rice was clumpy and bland. The mango salad was lacking the same taste as in Purvis street, the chilli lacking in zest.

The spring rolls were the worst. They were oily and was apparent that the oil had been reused many times. Look at the photos attached to see what I mean. (I had to use multiple tissue papers to soak up the oil) One of the worst tasting I have ever eaten.

The lack of quality control might just be the failing of Jai Thai.

Not to mention the service:

The waiter who served me was severely lacking in knowledge and went back and forth from the counter to me several times. He told me that the olive rice was plain but clarified it later.

The nerve of them to include service charge.

Please visit the original Jai Thai and not this sorry place sorely lacking in food taste while it rides only on the success of its previous outlet to market its disgusting Thai food.

• The number of tissue papers used to soak up the oil of 5 spring rolls.
  • The number of tissue papers used to soak up the oil of 5 spring rolls.