Review for Ji De Chi (Liang Seah St)

3.2

AsianChineseDessertsLocalNonyaSingaporeanSnacks
Address: #01-03, Liang Seah Court, 8 Liang Seah Street, 189029
26 Dec 2011
Overall

people found this review useful Was it useful to you?Yes

More reviews of Ji De Chi

Overall

Perfect for the warm weather

We reckon the best way to beat the heat is to dig into this bowl of chendol shaved ice ($5.50) at Ji De Chi. Filled with generous toppings (red beans, attap chee and green grass jelly) and drizzled with gula melaka, we say this is the way to chill.

Hong Kong Style of Dessert

Last time I always pop-in to order their plum drink.  It is not only refreshing, and can stop one from being thirsty.

Now another option for me to go and patron.  Their durian puff was very yummy, we actually two servings for it.  Now I am wondering does it go well with the season only.
Overall

Extremely poor and inefficient service

Went to the Juring Point branch.

During my first visit, I waited d*** long before the lady noticed me raising my hand. After ordering, they said I had to wait ten minutes. After awhile, they came back and told me my item was not available. As I was in a rush, I decided to cancel my order and go next door for a milkshake. GUESS WHAT. I SAW MY ITEM IN THEIR DISPLAY. Perfectly available for eating.

The second time I came, my bf ordered tang yuan. It's a really simple dish to make - you just have to hear up the tang yuan, which you should have already prepared. Similarly, they said we had to wait for 10 min.

At this point I am already d*** pissed. Super slow service and I still have to wait so long. The dish I ordered tasted horrible too.

Never coming back again.

Room for Improvement in Service & Portion

I used to frequent this shop and recently, tried their mango dessert. Personally, the quality has fallen; smaller portion served with very thinly sliced/diced mango fruit. More crushed ice with less puree made this a very diluted serving.

Dessert! Hits and misses

Full review and photos: http://foodiefc.blogspot.sg/2013/08/ji-de-chi-liang-seah-street.html

Ji De Chi 记得吃  is a dessert shop located along Liang Seah Street  (Bugis), opposite Ah Chew Desserts. Ji De Chi has three outlets. The other two outlets are located in Jurong Point and Plaza Singapura. Visited the eatery on a couple of occasions.

The Sawdust Pudding (also known as Serradura) is a well-known pudding (dessert) in Macau. It is typically made of crushed biscuits (sawdust) and cream. We ordered the Green Tea Flavour which came with Red Beans. The pudding had 2 layer of biscuits between the cream. My first time trying this, it was satisfying.
Ji De Chi Special Beancurd tasted normal to me. It was no different from other beancurd sold elsewhere.

The Barley Beanstick with Gingko was simply yet delicious. Fans of this dish would not be disappointed with Ji De Chi's. It was not diluted and came with lots of beancurd skins.

The Egg Drop Water Chestnut Paste was average. I would have preferred it more if the chestnut flavour was more intense.

hat I normally try else where was Walnut Paste. Ji De Chi's Steam Egg White Walnut Paste was unique to me. The Walnut Paste was underneath the layer of steamed egg white.

One of the flavourite among many customers due to the hot weather was the Geen Tea Flavour Snowy Ice topped with Red Bean, Nata-De-Coco. Value for money and best for sharing with a group of friends!

There were hits and misses in Ji De Chi 记得吃's desserts. Those that were good were really well... so good! Try it for yourself!