Review for Jigger & Pony

Western
Address: 101 Amoy Street, 069921
17 Jan 2014
Overall

Top notch cocktails and excellent service

Named after the ubiquitous liquor measuring tool (jiggers holding 30ml-45ml; ponies holding up to 60ml), Jigger & Pony offers around 40 cocktails, organised by Pre-Dinner ($14 before 8pm, $20 after), Classic ($20), Vintage ($20), Signature ($22) and Punch Bowls (serves 15 to 20 cups, $210). Highlights from each include the Moscow Mule (ginger-infused Ketel One Vodka, lime and ginger beer), Pisco Sour (Barsol Pisco, lemon, sugar syrup and Angostura bitters), the Godfather (Johnnie Walker Black Label, Luxardo Amaretto and chocolate bitters), the Bitter Gimlet (Tanqueray Ten Gin, Fever Tree tonic reduction and bergamot essence) and the Zombie (a rum blend, apricot brandy, orange, pineapple and lime). This is one of the more spacious bars on the cocktail scene with top class service. For more drinking guides, click here!
Moscow Mule, Zombie

More reviews of Jigger & Pony

good, if you like loud

photos and more: https://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/jigger-pony-amoy-street/

noisy, boisterous, hip cocktail bar in amoy street.    I used to love this place – I came here when cocktail bars were still fresh and new, and it was loud-buzzy, which is to say that you could still lean over for conversation.   flash three years or so ahead to my latest visit about a month ago – and the noise level is exponentially magnified, and it’s almost impossible to get service. but it’s still buzzy (though in an almost clubby, out to have a GREAT time sort of way), and nice if you’re out for a loud night out.

Terribly rude service!

I have been to Jigger on a number of occasions now and usually we turn a blind eye to the over-priced cocktails (I mean, it is Singapore) because of the great vibes and ambiance. However, on my most recent visit, we were treated with one of the worst service experiences I have had in Singapore. I can usually turn a blind eye to over priced drinks and average quality, however, service is one factor that really makes or breaks it for me.
 Now, I'm not just talking about slow service or getting orders wrong or rude waiters, I am talking about it all... The lack of knowledge and unawareness of the waiters only become apparent when we asked for our bill at the end of the night. Firstly, we couldn't find a server to ask for the bill. When I went over to the cashier and asked them for our table's bill, they were unable to locate it, and apologized for being 'new' (I mean not everyone can be new now, can they?) They asked me to recount all the drinks we had and then attempted to re-do a bill. After this, it still took about 20 minutes for them to get us the bill and when they did, it was still wrong! They had charged us for a bottle that was not even ours. At this time, I was dealing with one of the servers who seemed to be pretty unaware and didn't really have a clue what was going on, moreover, he had no respect for his customers and spoke to me in the rudest manner possible and was actually yelling at me... I am not sure if he had been drinking on the job or he has no manners, both of which are terrible, but I have never been spoken to like this in my life and it was really the last straw for me. I am sorry, but Jigger has now been boycotted by me and my friends. I refuse to sponsor an institution which has zero regard for its customers and no sense of how to talk to a fellow human being. I am usually ok to deal with slow service, but we will not stand for ineptitude and downright rudeness.
 By the way, even after all this, they bought us the wrong bill and overcharged us..........at which point we were so done that we just paid and got the hell out of the place.

Quality bespoke cocktails

you can tell you're in very safe hands with staff who feel like real pros. Drinks are made impressively and the menu conveys their passion.

Overall

bit noisy but good drink and decent bites

been there twice and will return. plenty of potions for the alcoholic and tasty bites to keep the munchies away. a bit noisy, but Ok once you get a little alcove for your group.