Reviews for Jones The Grocer (Dempsey Hill)

2.8

Western

Come here for the ambience!

I've seen quite a few bad reviews of this place. But came anyway because I was thinking a place this supposedly bad shouldn't be able to stay afloat all these years charging top dollar, could it?

I'm glad I gave this place a try. Came here with 3 other friends to pass a quiet slow afternoon. To be honest, they are rather pricey, but they have a large selection of wines and fresh cheeses to go with. The ceilings are so high that the ambience just relaxes you down easily for slow easy conversation. I didn't order the food because the pastas were all overpriced. But if you simply wish for a quiet afternoon with friends over good wine and cheese, this place is pretty much it.
• 28 Jan 2015 • 12 reviews • 0 follower

Come here for the ambience!

• 22 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Spend your hard-earned money elsewhere.

Overall
All the negative reviews you've read are TRUE! We ordered 2 chef's specials: lamb rack & braised pork. The lamb rack per se was good but the potato wedges were soggy. The braised pork was ordinary..like something I can get from a local food court. The braised pork serving was about a tablespoonful, 4/5 of the plate was mashed potato. The dishes didn't have a shred of green, let alone a salad on the side. So we had to order grilled vegetables. Couldn't taste any truffle oil in the truffle fries that were served in a small bowl, which cost $12! We paid more than $100 in total for 2 pax. Definitely overpriced for sub-par quality food. We left feeling dissatisfied. Won't be going back.
• 10 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

“Nightmare”

Overall
After work I join my friends in this "restaurant".
 It was really hot inside no fresh air.
 I was starving, so I order from their new menu chicken burger.
 For 20$ it was bread with awfully stringy chicken no vegetable not even a lettuce.
 I was waiting 30 min.
 Definitely, I will not go back.