Reviews for Jones The Grocer (Dempsey Hill)

2.8

Western
Address: #01-12, 9 Dempsey Road, 247697
28 Dec 2015

Great service, ok food

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/15/jones-the-grocer/

Singapore has no shortage of brunch places these days. Filled with hipsters and overpriced food, these cafes are a dime a dozen. Jones the Grocer tries to outdo the competiion by adding a grocery store too! Now, you can get overpriced groceries at the same time!

But jokes aside, one has to say that overall, the food at Jones the Grocer is pretty decent. But that isn't why I enjoyed my experience there. No, what made this place stand out was the exceptional service! I really can't fault the staff on anything. Attentive, yet discrete. If only their food was better, I'd head down a lot mroe regularly. Still, I always enjoy my time there.

More reviews of Jones The Grocer

Disappointing

Haven't been here in a while. Food is a little overpriced. I ordered a Slow Brew Coffee that took a while which I understand but it was served in a mug with lipstick stain! The mushroom omelette is mediocre. Don't think I am going to come back here again.

Disappointing

We have not been to jones for sometime and decided to take a late brunch on a Sunday afternoon . Arrived after 3pm and the good thing was there's no lunch crowd and need not wait to be seated. However service staff seemed to be lacking in their usual jovial mood. We could only see an Indian and Caucasian waitress with a smile on their face when attending to the customers whereas all others were sour faced. Food was still decent but the whole experience was let down by the service. no one ensured that we had the right utensils, water did not arrive, extra orders were forgotten and worst, flies were conveniently buzzing around and lounging on tables. What happened to the ambience here??

It's very disappointing as we used to have good experience in jones. Hope they catch this review and better themselves for it used to be a place with good memories.

Overall

Nice place, soso food, poor service

Nice ambiance, food is ok but not worth the prices. Service is poor at best. We spent 20 minutes waiting to be seated while there was plenty of room inside. Several items on the menu were not actually available. The waitress forgot to bring two of our drinks and when we asked about it, blamed it on the kitchen and didn't apologise.

Would have expected from a restaurant on Dempsey Hill

... Service was just so slow. Granted it was a public holiday and the place was packed, but the staff was nowhere to be seen. And when finally spotted, they took the longest time to get to the table. Definitely not the place to go to if you are starving and want quick service.

To read more on why Jones did not work great for me, please go to my blog, Vegetablog: https://www.facebook.com/vegetablog/posts/1700524493514768