Daily: 09:00 - 23:00
This is the Australian gourmet grocer's second outlet. Unique to this outlet is a 4 metre high temperature controlled glass showcase for the cheese, deli and charcuterie items. There is also a cafe where one can have a quick bite.
Singapore has no shortage of brunch places these days. Filled with hipsters and overpriced food, these cafes are a dime a dozen. Jones the Grocer tries to outdo the competiion by adding a grocery store too! Now, you can get overpriced groceries at the same time!
But jokes aside, one has to say that overall, the food at Jones the Grocer is pretty decent. But that isn't why I enjoyed my experience there. No, what made this place stand out was the exceptional service! I really can't fault the staff on anything. Attentive, yet discrete. If only their food was better, I'd head down a lot mroe regularly. I found their menu available here http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/15/jones-the-grocer/ for those of you who want to check out their offerings and prices before you go down.
Terribly experience at this restaurant.
- Ordered the Asian Black Cod and it was extremely salty!! Got a bad headache after this meal because of that.
- Portion very small for its pricing. Not reasonable at all.
- Desserts look super good but taste-wise is below average for cafe standards
- Many things on the menu were unavailable and staff did not try to recommend something else or even give the menu
- Quickly asked for more water THRICE after the horror salty meal. First, the waiter simply nodded and then disappeared for a good 20min. Second, the waiter pointed "there, the water is there" to a random corner and did not bother to explain further. And when I could not take it anymore and decided to walk over & pour the water myself, another waiter came and started pouring into the glasses for the rest of the table.
- Unfriendly staff, slow speed, was not attentive at all to customers' needs. Did not even bother clearing the plates (only eventually did when we prompted again AFTER 15MINS!)
Horrendous. Will never go there again.
Jones has the best breakfast in town until places like Wild Honey overtook and now eclipse it. Runny eggs. Overcooked bacon. Juvenile plating and presentation. Only saving grace were the croissants. If you are at Mandarin Gallery, Providore and Wild Honey offer far superior food for the same price.