Review for Joyden Seafood

AsianChineseSeafood
Address: #01-11, West Coast Recreation Centre, 12 West Coast Walk, 127157
18 Aug 2014

Seafood and More

In today's tough F&B market, any business that survives a couple of years must have done something right. Joyden, located at the car park of West Coast Recreation Centre, has done just that with its celebration of its tenth year anniversary.

At a recent visit, I tried some of their signature items which has allowed them to on top of their game for such a long period of time.

I started out with the Signature Cereal Prawns, dry prawns fried with its shell intact.

Next was the Signature Oyster Sauce Imperial Chicken. The full meaty chicken was tender and the dish can be rather addictive.

An interesting dish to try is the Steamed Lobster with Glutinous Treasure Rice. Here, the young lobsters are cooked with the rice which offers a more wholistic finish with the savory rice flavoured with Chinese pork sausages.

Those coming with grandpa can order the old school yam ring, which comes with either coffee based pork ribs or chili sauce pork ribs for those who loves their food with a bit of kick.

Finally, how can one go to a live seafood place without trying the crab. If you must make a pick , ask for the crab to be fried in bee hoon. Similar to the lobster with rice, the  bee hoon compliments the crab well, cooked in a slightly wet but really tasty broth.

Well, there you have it, some recommendations to try at a place which has been serving quality Chinese fare for the last decade.
Lobster with Glutinous Rice

More reviews of Joyden Seafood

Dim Sum at West Coast

I have driven past West Coast Recreation Centre many times. I came by for lunch one afternoon to try their dim sum menu.

Here are the highlights of my meal:

- Scallop and Mango Crispy Wrap: $12. Deep fried. Crispy on the outside and the inside was moist and sweet.

- Imperial Prawn Dumpling – Har Gao: $4.50. Thin skinned and the prawn filling was good.

- Shrimp Siew Mai with Crab roe: $4.50. This was ok.

- Shrimp & Vegetable Crystal Dumpling: $4.20. Alright only.

- Yong Tau Foo: $4.20. Rare to have yong tau foo for dim sum. This was tau pok with minced pork fillings. Its steamed with a nice starchy sauce tats mild spicy.

- Jade Dumpling with Scallops: $4.50. Green colored dumpling with mini scallop.

- Crab Meat Cheong Fun: $4.80. Crabmeat Chee Cheong Fun. Spotted this on the menu and I had to order it to try. A first for me. Freshly made. The soya sauce is made by the chef on premise and it taste just like how a good Cantonese restaurant should serve it as. It's nice.

- Sliced Grouper Fish Congee: $5. This was a small bowl of congee. What I like about this is that the fish meat in this were firm. Its topped with youtiao that were cut thinly and deep fried. Its nice.

- La La (Gan Heong style): $12. Clams stir fried with dried shrimp, egg, sambal and cut chili padi. $12. I asked for little chili and I was perspiring at the end of the meal.

This is a hidden find and the dim sum is not bad. Now I need not travel all the way to town to enjoy dim sum, when it can be had just minutes away in the west.

Overall

BAD

Bad manager service! Asking us to go ahead and complain him! like seriously?! They should really do something about it.

Disappointed!!

Was waiting for the rest of my family to come but the staff that orders the food kept chasing us to order it now. And showing us a very pissed face when ordering!

BAD SERVICE

Manager & Celine waitress gave lousy service! Showing attitude when ordering the food, was asked t change staff but she said she's the only who can order. Still prefer last time that manager with good service!! Will not come back again!!

No joy at Joyden

Had dinner at Joyden Seafood Restaurant, West Coast Recreation Centre on 26/12/15. Spent $656.06 for a table of 14 after having seen on their website a promotion of 15% off the bill for SAF personnel. Service was very poor. Asked for 2 crabs to be cooked separately but it came in one plate. Also forgot to serve a vegetable soup dish. When paying for the bill, reminded an elderly female cashier about the SAF promotion. She asked to see SAF proof which was shown to her. She grumbled that when ordering the food, we ought to tell her about the SAF promotion before hand as she had already finalised the bill. After going through her computer, she told us that as it was a Saturday, the promotion was not valid. We told her that the website had no such exclusion. After a while, she produced a small piece of paper with a hand scribbled date showing 23 Dec 2015. She said that the promotion for SAF ended on 23 Dec as shown on the paper. We pointed out that this was also not stated in the website. She was a little agitated and mentioned that she could only give us a discount of $35.00 for spending more than $600.
 The next day, I went back to see the Manager with a copy of their website promotion but was told that the manager would only be back on Wed. 30/12/15. I was asked to leave my hand phone number with the assistant manager who would get the manager to call me on Wed. I also pointed out to the assistant manager about the lucky draw promotion which was not accorded to me. She apologised and gave me 2 forms to complete and put into a box which I declined.
 To date, 1 Jan 2016, nobody from Joyden has contacted me despite the promise. This evening when I went into their website again, they have removed all their promotions and substituted it with a Chinese New Year Dinner advertisement.
 A restaurant which is not forthright in honoring their website promotion is left to be desired. It is no different from shops at Sim Lim Square and Lucky Plaza. This will be the last time my friends and I will visit Joyden Restaurant.