Summary

Service3
the korean bbq, Bibimbap, all side dishes, barbecued black pig pork belly, wagyu beef, $49 beef, Yangnyum, jap chae; pork belly; chicken bulgogi; beef sirloin, pork collar, saba fish and beef soup, spicy tofu soup View all
Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Lunch, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, Buffet, Private Dining, Boys Night Out, Healthy Eating, Quiet View all

Basically my 2nd Home

I've been to Ju Shin Jung countless of times, it all began when neighboring restaurant Waraku continuously served us food that was no longer as spectacular as before. One day, Dad said, "What's that huge building over there? Let's check it out." And that day was the day I fell in love with Korean cuisine. Okay story time ends here. I usually come here with the family whenever we're hungry regardless of whatever we crave for. The side dishes are great, especially the mashed potato which reminds me of an ice cream scoop and the spinach. I've come here for years that we've seen the Korean style ikan bilis switch to a fish cake stir fry to pickled radish. We usually order marinated beef and marinated chicken, the extra seasoning is what we prefer over the pure natural beef flavor. It is sweet and savory, goes great with ssamjang (soybean based sauce) and lettuce. My brother sometimes gets so desperate that he bites the remaining meat left on the beef bone! Not only the food is awesome, but the staff are also friendly and attentive. We've made friends with the Chinese female manager (she wears black clothes unlike the others' white) who is able to speak Korean fluently. She also usually gives us a complimentary steamed egg side dish which we always decline but it gets served anyway :) that's how delicious the food is for us to return without fail each time :D The meal is always finished with watermelon hearts, sometimes they're a little stale but others really juicy, and also with ginger tea which my parents always dilute with the given cold water because it's a bit too strong to their liking. Overall it is the best Korean restaurant by far, every time we try out a new Korean place we always say "Ju shin Jing's better!"

Most helpful reviews for Ju Shin Jung (East Coast)

Cherie Hearts

Just back from my taiwan holiday.. and i really miss this little small korean shop that sell very authentic korean food. The food was so nice that i had it 8 days out of my 11 days stay in taiwan. When i was back, i really have craving for korean food so i decided that my birthday treat for my friends will be this restaurant that i always will see and passby along ECP.

On sun afternoon thru a frd i got this restaurant tel no and i called to make reservation, and a korean lady pick up the call and told me can just walk in and no need to make reservation. It is very easy to go cos is at East Coast Park and no problem with parking.

We reach at 420pm and the whole restaurant was empty.. So i thought aiyo must be food not nice cos no customer. At a glance, the restaurant is very big and spacious is good for gathering with frds and family. Not much of a deco, is simple restaurant that you might not feel that you are in a korean restaurant. There was only a waitress, so i thought was korean so i speak in english, but she turn out to be PRC. I dun find her approachable, cos she wasnt very willing to serve us, maybe i asked too much questions cos our 1st time so dunno how big portion and what is nice. I realised there is buffet at 35++ per person, so i thought is good so my frds can eat full full. But she say buffet end at 430pm, so i say can we have that cos no customer she say no. No choice so have to choose ala carte.

We ordered beef at $49, spicy tofu soup at $18, marinated chicken at $22, Pork Collar at $22, spicy kimchi pork at $25, Pork at $22. When the food reached us, we were all very disappointed with the portion. It will not be filling for 4 of us especially all very hungry. We had to order rice at $2 each. Although the side dishes can be topped up, there was only one waitress and she was always busy and not attentive.

I need to comment on the beef, although was the most ex and small portion for 4, is nice (thumbs up). Tender and juicy, cooked at medium well just nice and well marinated. The lady bbq for us so she knows how to control the fire and time so that it will not be overcooked.

The spicy tofu soup is also worth mentioning.. my appetite get better after this soup. Next will be the spicy kimchi pork, taste good and better than those bbq pork. You must eat that with rice. None of the side dish i fancy, i had better ones at elsewhere. We end our meal with a heartshape watermelon and a ginger tea ( we dun like).

The 4 of us make an agreement to patronise this place again and must have buffet. After 4 days later we came back. This time we reached at 730pm and realised wow quite crowded so we get very excited of this place was rather a different feeling as compared days back. This time round much more service staffs and we were very happie to be served by a korean lady and she's so friendly and approachable despite some communication barrier. Buffet we can have about 5 kinds of meat but dun have beef and u can select one food item per person. We select, soba fish (nice), spicy tofu soup, bibimbub n soup. This time we were seated in the middle of the restaurant and realise this place was really big and they even have lots of private rooms for private events and gathering ( good idea). For girls, think dun order pork stripe(3 TIER FAT MEAT), cos really fat and tasteless. We only had one round and full. Pls do not waste food cos they have penalty of $20 per 100g.

In conclusion, the price is rather ex and you won't smell good (as expected). We will come back for ala carte and will only have buffet with guys around. Not really value for money.  Will visit this place but not for the time being.. can try other korean restaurant.

Service and standards dropped badly.

Ate here and had chronic diarrhoea for 5 days and counting. The service staff was not attentive and sloppy while preparing the food. The standard has dropped dramatically since my last visit. Please be careful while eating here.

Ju Shin Jung (주신정): Quality Korean Charcoal BBQ

Full review at http://lepakwithyaops.com/ju-shin-jung-주신정-quality-korean-charcoal-bbq

Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook

Debut in 2003 at West Coast, business of Ju Shin Jung Korean BBQ took flight and has 4 outlets island wide today; West Coast, East Coast,GuillemardRoad and Robertson Walk. Despite the craze for Korean BBQ in Singapore, yet each outlet that I visited has subtle differences that sets them apart from one another.

Here at Ju Shin Jung, they offer full services which includes well-trained staffs who BBQ-ed the meat for us and served a full set of Korean sides the moment we settled down.

For buffet, there are 5 choices of meat (pork belly, pork loin, marinated pork, and marinated chicken & seasoned sliced beef) and fresh prawns. If you want more variety, you may wish to order from the Ala carte segment. Wagyu beef are available too!

Apart from meat and sides, we got to choose 1 out of 7 choices as our main dish.

Overall, I will classify Ju Shin Jung Korean BBQ as a 'above average' BBQ outlet. Tables are nicely spaced out as well which gave us room for privacy. Oh yes, there is also a kids entertainment corner for your child.

Gullimard Branch: Smoky, Stuffy, Pricey

I had been to its East Coast outlet (now closed) & expected the same comfy setting & decent service at this relatively new Gullimard branch. However, when I stepped into its Gullimard branch on a Sunday afternoon, I was overwhelmed by smoky & stuffy air as it does not hv a single exhaust pipe which typifies any Korean restaurant. Further, the aircon was not strong enough to cool down the hot air generated by the hot grills & the Sunday crowd. So you ended smelling like the bbq meat & perspired throughout the meal. Service was slow. Though we had the buffet option ($38/pax) plus an ala carte order of a plate of wagyu beef ($59 for 3 strips), after they served the 1st round of meat & side dishes, it was almost impossible to get any waiter's attention for top-ups. I had the impression that the waiters were either NOT trained to look out for customers in need or trained NOT to make eye contact with customers in need. After 15min wait, we managed to get the attention of a waitress (named Min Jung) to request for a top up of 3 types (out of 8 types) of side dishes. Unfortunatedly, after listing the 3 sides dishes, she gave an uncalled-for remark, 'Oh, that's almost every side dish you are asking for!' Fyi, that was the only top-ups we managed to get throughout the buffet lunch. When we asked for 2 more types of meat, it never came. After 25 mins, we had lost our appetite & decided not to bother. For the price we paid ($55/pax), I could hv easily find another korean bbq restaurant with better food, more comfy ambience & better service. Definitely will NOT go back again.

Not a place for Samgetang

It is a total disappointment to have a Samgetang without stuffed ginseng nor its taste at all. According to the chef, the ginseng is cooked in soup and not stuffed in the chicken. I believe the supermarkets sell better Samgetangs