Ju Shin Jung has closed.

Review for (Closed) Ju Shin Jung (Joo Chiat)

3.6

AsianKorean
Address: #01-01, Katong Junction, 451 Joo Chiat Road, 427664
01 Apr 2009 • 321 Reviews • 21 Followers

SAMGAETANG (Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup)

Overall
For the record My Wife is a big K-Food fans. I dunno whether its the hunky guy from the Korean show that brainwash her and make the food looks good, or its just the food that is good. So wherever got K-Food, She will go and try one. Luckily nowadays, the K-Food craze slows down already.

We stop by this place last year. YES, last year, I draft this review last year but forgot to upload it ha..ha.. What an old man. So, I'm trying to be fair here. When we went there, there was no such thing as lunch promotion or what, all base on ala carte menu. During lunchtime this place only got 5 tables fill, I thought it was going to close anytime soon.

Just like its name, Ju Shin Jung Samgaetang specialise in the Ginseng Chicken Soup. Don't waste your time ordering 1/2 chicken, just order the whole thing. For $20 is good value. The put the salt on the side, for people to add their own according to their preference. The plus plus point is that they offer us if we want to top up the soup FOC ... wah, what a service.

We also ordered Grill Octopus. The plus point, the octopus is tender and they grill it together with their other vegetable. The Minus point, I almost choke when I see the bill $50 for grill octopus. This dish Definitely Overprice !!!

Overall, this place has a limited menu. Rather than provide more balance between the spicy and non-spicy food, its basically 85% spicy and 15% non-spicy. Hopefully with the lunch menu nowadays, they can attract more people. Parking here should not be a problem, since customer can park in the building.
Samgaetang
Recommended for
Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Business Dining, After Work, Chillout, Quiet