Reviews for (Closed) Just Acia (Marina Square)

AsianKorean
Chiu Yen Phua

Just Acia

Just Acia - http://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/just-acia-sembawang-shopping-centre/

Back then, they had some set meal promotions with free flow ice cream and drinks. Decently priced and alright food. I will visit other outlets some time soon.

07 Aug 2014 • 91 reviews • 2 followers

CLOSED!

[CLOSED] this outlet has ceased operations. just acia is still operating at dhoby ghaut xchange.
19 Jun 2012 • 240 reviews • 1 follower

Just Acia

19 Mar 2012 • 279 reviews • 44 followers

Great Value for Money and Nice Food!

After visited the Food Fair at Suntec yesterday, came here for a late lunch. We arrived at about 2.30pm and it was still as crowded. However, we were ushered to a table very soon.

We have passed by this place many times but never try it until yesterday as most of the time it was full-house and had to queue and wait.

Located near to Breeks and Manhanttan Fish, this eatery offered Asian dishes and set meals and allowed you to sit inside or outside. Generally ambience was ok, except that tables were arranged too close to one another, making walking a bit difficult and you could also easily hear what people were conversing about sitting next to you. Perhaps they wanted to maximize the space but it was ok for us.

We ordered a Teriyaki Chicken Pasta set ($8.80) and a Spicy Chicken Rice set ($7.20). Along with the set meals, one can enjoy unlimited supply of drinks (both cold and hot beverages) and ice cream. You will need to pen down your orders on the order form on your table and then passed it to the servers who will then serve you the food when they are ready. Meanwhile, they would drink you a cup and small container (for ice cream) so that you could help yourself with the drinks and ice cream.

The Teriyaki Chicken Pasta was good. The sauce blended very well with the chicken that was cooked nicely with meat very tender and juicy. The pasta was cooked nicely too and were Q and the creamy sauce that came with it was flavourful too.

The Spicy Chicken Rice was good too. Portion of chicken served was generous and flavourful though I would love it to be more spicy. The set also consist of a miso soup (ok) and a small plate of pickled vegetables (similar to that of kimchi and was all right). The rice was a bit soft and for someone who prefer harder rice, it was a bit letdown but was still acceptable.

We helped ourselved with the drinks which included Cappucino, Milo, Latte and Coffee and Lemon Tea, Peach Tea and Soft Drinks. The drinks were ok. Ice cream was good too that included Coconut (my favourite and very nice), Vanilla and Chocolate.

Service was ok. For us, we didn't have to wait long for our food to be served (but we noticed that some who came after us had to wait much longer) and staff were generally polite and smileful.

There is one area for improvement though. They do offer additional condiments like pepper and chilli powder in front at the counter and if they could put them on each table, it would be good as what most eatery would do. I didn't know they have it until I saw someone who walked to the counter to add on more chilli powder. By the time I realized it, I had almost finished my rice!

It was good value for money as it does not incur service charge and food was nice and portion was big. If they could include 1-2 pieces of cut oranges or watermelon in the setmeal, it would be most perfect (something what Japanese restaurant always do in their setmeal).

Strongly recommned this place and will return again to try on other dishes!