Back to Ramen Keisuke Tori King#03-15, 100AM, 100 Tras Street

Ala Carte5 votes

Michael Wassana Kanjana
 • Tuesday at 1:54pm 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
This must surely be either a hit or miss
Unfortunately for us, it was the latter

Didn't like the noodles. Definately prefer Daruman @ 313 somerset
Didn't like the soup (maybe not used to chicken stock, tonkotsu (pork) is out pref) or chicken leg. Wasn't the spill of the chopstick melt in your mouth kind that many reviewers had claimed
We opted for normal, no oil and all toppings

Was a waste of $
Totally not worth it

Went at about 2 pm. No Q. Hari raya

Must tries: none

• 11 Jul 2014 313 reviews 86 followers
Overall
Be it when newly opened, or first few hundreds free bowls of ramen.  I was the first front group of people.

The dinning area is so much spacious compare to the other one.  As usual, I likes to sit down at counter seat.

I seldom take the side dishes at the table, not even the egg.  For me, I am satisfying about the ramen with some indications that I have marked it down earlier on.

When my ramen finally served, I will take out the wasabi chicken tight & put on a plate given by the staff.  Wasn't attentive of their staff?

Must tries: Green Spicy Tori King Ramen

Dinner, Lunch

FoodieFC
 • 05 Jun 2014 285 reviews 10 followers
Overall
Full review and photos: http://foodiefc.blogspot.sg/2014/06/ramen-keisuke-tori-king-100-am.html

Ramen Keisuke Tori King
 is an eatery that serves authentic Japanese ramen opened by Mr Keisuke Takeda who has won several ramen competitions. Mr Keisuke Takeda has opened several ramen eateries in Singapore such as the Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King (Orchid Hotel and Bugis) and Gyoza King (Orchid Hotel).

As we were at the 100AM shopping mall (Tanjong Pagar), we decided to give this a try. We were there at 630pm and there was no queue. But by the time we left at close to 8pm, there was a short queue.

Menu

The menu.

There would be a bottle of cold marinated bean sprouts and basket of boiled eggs on every table. There would also be slip of paper for each individual to fill in their orders along with a small bowl and a wooden stick for grinding the sesame seeds (just like Saboten). Pepper and bonito flakes are available at each table too.

Hard Boiled eggs

Free flow of hard boiled eggs.

Bean Sprout

Free flow of cold marinated bean sprouts. Do not under estimate this dish dish. It was very addictive. So tasty and so crunchy. We kept on opening the bottle to take more out!

Tori King Ramen Special (All Toppings) $15.90

The partner ordered Tori King Ramen Special (All Toppings) $15.90. It included all the toppings such as seaweed, flavoured egg and pork.

Black Spicy Tori King Ramen Special (All Toppings) $16.90

I ordered the Black Spicy Tori King Ramen Special (All Toppings) $16.90. The main different was that this was the spicy version. To be frank, both of us did not like these two bowls of ramen. The stock was too thick and the saltiness just overwhelmed the other flavours in the stock. The only positive aspect was the drumstick which was meaty and tender. Other than that the other ingredients were average.

Ironically, we preferred the marinated bean sprouts more than the main dish. Service wise, the staff were very attentive!