Review for Ramen Keisuke Tori King (100AM)

3.6

AsianJapanese
Address: #03-15, 100AM, 100 Tras Street, 079027
29 Dec 2013
Overall

Service is totally cannot make it!!!!

I went to this place once and i NEVER step in again. First, the food is not to my liking as i think it is too oily and salty! The restaurant is full of oily and smoky smell and your whole shirt will be filled with the unpleasant smell once you step out after eating. The main reason for not recommending this place is the attitude of the staff. I went in to the restaurant with my friend and after ordering our food, my husband called and said that he wanted to join us for dinner. When my husband came, i ask him to come into the restaurant directly and the staff (or maybe boss) suddenly raise his voice at us (loud until ALL the people inside the restaurant raise their head and looked at us) and told us that my husband has to queue in order to come into the restaurant. The staff also said that in fact he has to ask us to leave the restaurant and join in the queue again as we didn't tell him the exact no. of people dining but since we have already ordered our food so he has no choice but to let us dine in and he also warned us that there is no next time. I know we were in the wrong by not cheking with the staff the rules and regulations for eating in their restaurant. But the problem is, there is NO ONE queueing when we went in and when my husband arrived and the restaurant IS NOT full house at all. So in the end, my husband has no choice but to leave the restaurant and "eat" himself (eventhough the restaurant is only 80% full and no one is queueing outside during that time). The staff embrassed us really badly that day. In fact, the staff can tell us in a nicer way but to raise his voice at us and this totally spolit our mood that entire night. Anywhere, a much better ramen restaurant can be found easily in SG. What make the staff thinks that he can insult his customer in such a way. Maybe to the staff, losing one or two customers will not affect the restaurant at all since there are so many people queueing up for their food everyday. So, with much disappointment, i will not patronise this restaurant again and paid to get insulted.

More reviews of Ramen Keisuke Tori King

Bean sprout

When you have craving for ramen, bean sprout and eggs, where would you go? For me it is tori King! I am a mega fan of ramen and bean sprouts! For your info there eggs and bean sprout are in unlimited supply! It is well marinated and one bite is simply not enough! Worth nothing is also the soup of the ramen! It is full of collagen which would help in the radiance of your skin! Be prepared to queue when visiting! That is the case especially during weekday lunch hours where a hoard of like minded people will queue for the best ramen around!

favorite ramen

This ramen is by far the best in my opinion. Chicken is tasty and the egg is absolutely heaven. The soup is very tasty.

Value-for-money comfort food

For more reviews and photos, visit hungrybaker.co
Tori King is just one of Keisuke’s many ramen branches, but the reason why I keep coming back here is the chicken stock and meat. Most places serve only pork broth, if not it’s salt or soya based. But what about people who do not want to eat pork? (those poor cute pigs). Well that’s where Tori King comes in.

Tori means chicken in Japanese and the creamy, rich and comforting broth here is made with chicken bones, chicken feet, Japanese seaweed and vegetables boiled for eight hours. I always go for the original soup cos it’s soul food! But for those wanting something different or spicier, there is the Green Spicy version (with wasabi) and Black Spicy version (black pepper).

The ramen bowls (starting from $11.90) are all topped with chicken thigh, which is tender and flavourful, and you can add other items such as seaweed ($1), super yummy flavoured egg ($2), a huge slice of pork ($1), more noodles and more soup. To go with your noodles are sesame seeds (which you can grind yourself) and a free flow of hard-boiled eggs and slightly spicy beansprouts. The beansprouts are addictive and I can go through half a container.

Not only that, you can choose how salty and oily your soup is, how al dente your noodles are, and what toppings you want (spring onions, deep-fried onions and black fungus). It’s basically a win-win situation.

There are also interesting drinks such as Green Tea Cola ($3) and Wasabi Ginger Ale ($3). My companion loved the Green Tea Cola and bought two bottles home.

Tori King is not big and fills up quickly; it is usually packed by 1930. Also, the seating style is communal so be prepared to have strangers eating right opposite you! But the ramen is so good you’ll be sure to return again.

Best Ramen in Tanjong Pagar

Hidden at the 3rd floor on 100am Mall, WOW the ramen here is deserving of its name. They really are the kings here. Be careful to note that lunch is quite packed and you can queue for up to 1hr for a seat.

A whole tender drumstick that falls apart at a poke of your chopsticks, the ramen broth is very thick and flavourful, not to mention you can have a choice to the doneness of your ramen noodles!! Something not often found at ramen places.

Totally worth every cent you spend here. They are not cheap but you will find yourself craving to go back a couple of days later because its just so darn good!!

Tasty Chicken Based Ramen

A hole in the wall at 100AM mall, Ramen Keisuke Tori King is part of chef Keisuke's expansion of ramen branches in Singapore, except that this one serves chicken broth.

I am not a big fan of the chicken broth, as I feel that it lacks flavour compared with its pork based cousins - however, a visit here changed my mind as the thickness of the soup here made it very flavourful.

Go for the full monty with the Tori King Ramen Special ($15.90), which has tasty chicken cutlets, an onsen egg with thin yellow noodles in a strong salted soup based. The only downside was this rather over-boiled tough piece of sliced chicken.

I also tried the Green Tea Cola ($3) which was being promoted but it tasted a little like cough medicine so I will probably avoid it at my next visit.

Stick to the ramen, and it will be worth the visit.