Review for Keyaki Japanese Restaurant

AsianJapanese
Address: Level 4, Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore, 7 Raffles Boulevard, 039595

20 Nov 2013

Food, Ambience Good!

My husband brought me there. Enjoyed the showmanship of the Japanese Chefs, Ambience, especially had the wow factor when we were "transported" to a Japanese garden, the Japanese Koi never look out of place in this garden! Spent close to $400 but worth every cent! Freshest Lobster, prawns and Beef.
teppanyaki seafood

More reviews of Keyaki Japanese Restaurant

Classic Japanese fare - excellent seafood

Keyaki is my go to place for an amazing japanese night out, and it should be yours too

Menu: Seasonal, with superb seafood. some of the freshest in Singapore

Ambiance: Traditional and newly renovated

Sake: Wide selection

Service: Japanese precision

A tad disappointing

Keyaki is an established Japanese restaurant at Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore, best known for its fresh ingredients and its Kaiseki Omakase sets (i.e. multi-course meals where the chef decides on the dishes to be served based on the best seasonal ingredients available). The omakase sets are priced from $150.

Located on Level 4 of the hotel, one of the key highlights of Keyaki is its beautiful and spacious Zen Garden, which shapes the entire arrival experience the minute you step through the glass doors of the restaurant.

The food was, true to their reputation, very fresh. However, we can’t say that we were impressed with the food, but the ambience (including the entire Japanese Garden setting) made up for it somewhat. Our overall rating (for the ala carte experience) : 8 out of 10 (Ambience: 9, Service: 9, Taste: 7.5, Presentation: 8, Value-for-Money: 7.5).

For more information and photos, refer to our blog at http://angiekayexplorer.com/2015/07/27/ala-carte-dinner-keyaki-japanese-restaurant-pan-pacific-singapore/

place to go

This eatery is very cramped but somehow it adds to the cozy atmosphere. I usually try to go early or late so that I avoid the crowds. I like the fuss-free, efficient setting. I always order salmon sashimi. I have also tried their fried beef slices in onion set, chicken teriyaki set and grilled fish. All were excellent!

The staff are always busy churning out food and serve loads of regulars who tend to be young people around 20-30 years old. I have been at the restaurant three times in the last 2 months.

Fine Japanese restaurant in Pan Pacific

For full review and pics, do visit therantingpanda.com

The Food Available for lunch and dinner from 6 February to 6 March 2015, Keyaki will be launching a special Epicurean Discovery of Hokkaido menu for a limited time. I am a fan of Kaiseki style Japanese meals, as there is often so much to expect from the course, from the beautiful plating of the individual dish to the immense effort by the chef in preparing each dish. There are three new eight-course menus to choose from, Hokkai ($190), Donnan ($190) or Hakodate ($160) menus designed by Chef Hiroshi Ishii. If you are a fan of Hokkaido cuisine such as the fresh seafood and some of the seasonal specials, each of the three special menu brings in a different combination of ingredients to satisfy your palate.

We started with the Cod Milt Tofu, which is a pretty exotic dish. No prizes for guessing correctly, but Cod Milt it is essentially fish sperm, traditionally considered a delicacy in Japanese cuisine. The texture of the dish was silky and soft, while the taste was quite delicious much to my surprise due to my initial scepticism. For a first timer trying milt, the taste was rather indescribable as I can’t think of something similar.

Memorable Discovery of Hokkaido

Very fresh and high quality food. Nice ambiance and service.

Emark on a culinary discovery of Hokkaido with three new eight-course kaiseki presentations at Keyaki, each crafted to highlight the rich and bountiful winter produce of Hokkaido. The menu is avaiable for lunch and dinner from Feb.6 to Mar.6, guests may select from the Hokkai ($190), Donnan ($180) or Hakodate($160).

Check out my blog for more details!Thank :)