Back to Kilo at Pact#02-16/17/18/19, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard...

Salmon and avocado maki rolls3 votes
Ala Carte4 votes

pickledpeas
 • 17 Dec 2013 126 reviews 5 followers
Overall
For the full review with pictures, see here.

We went to Kilo last night for dinner. The whole place was filled with hippies! There's a side shop that sells well designed clothes/bags/shoes/accessories for the well heed SNAG.

The food was worse than I remembered, perhaps because I don’t like raw fish. Not in sashimi, poke, ceviche, which they are apparently quite good at. So we ordered a side of fried quail’s eggs and chicken skin to go with. It was delicious, especially with their sriracha mayo.

We also had a sushi roll (containing prawn tempura, avocado, cream cheese, shredded carrots) - this is kind of large, even for 2 people.  Their pho was nice but not super authentic – but then Kilo’s thing is fusion food. They’ve also got banh mi, which we haven’t tried. Banh mi makes me think of noodles, when it’s actually a sandwich.

It's a good alternative if you're in Orchard Central and don't know where to go, but there is limited seating!

Hazelleo
 • 28 Nov 2013 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Impromptu dinner with buddy on one of the weekdays. We decided to have dinner at Orchard Central shopping mall which is walking distance from Somerset MRT station. Kilo & Pact was my choice that night as I was attracted with their unique combination of food, hair salon & fashion retail shop.
We went there after 7.30pm and most of the seats are taken. So the only option we have is the seats at the bar and seats facing the view of the orchard streets. We of course choose the seats that facing the orchard streets. I love looking through the glass seeing the cars moving and people walking down the streets.
The foods are fushion combination of Vietnamese and Japanese cuisine. The dishes are quite modern which takes on the traditional of both cuisine. We had Baked Salmon @S$28.00 & Balsamic Duck @S$29.00.

chefquak
 • 22 Nov 2013 158 reviews 1 follower
Overall
See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2013/11/22/forgettable-meal-kilo-at-pact-on-21nov2013/

a quick post. 3 of us had dinner after movie at kilo at pact on 21.11.2013.

nothing much to be said about this place. its a place i would not go & would not go back. that’s just me & my choices. nothing wrong with the place. guess it is kind of hip. kilo is co-located with a boutique fashion? retail shop & a salon. no idea what is “pact” in the name? food i guess is jap-western?

3 of us were watching Thor The Dark World (2013) 4.30pm show at orchard cineleisure taking advantage of the S$4 ticket for “senior citizens”. well, i for one much preferred watching the late evening show using maybank 1 for 1. as i told my friend, it cost S$9.70 (S$2.40+S$1.40+S$1.40+S$4.50) to park at cineleisure & S$1 to get into cbd at 4pm+. completely made no sense to me but i figured my friend is thrilled by the thought of paying S$4 as senior citizen, not the $ (whether tickets or parking but just the thought) – i am shaking my head – & so be it!

the belly pork don was pretty good & tasty actually. it was very small portion – 1 friend said “jiak boy pa” (not filling) – & cost S$17++=S$20nett.

the belly pork was soft, just slightly sinewy (not the texture i like) unlike the smooth texture of dongporou or kongbakpao. the braising sauce which was also drizzled over the rice was slightly sweet (japanese style) & made it quite tasty. so it was good actually but a “nothing” kind of meal for me, like a foodcourt dish but good tasting & cost S$20. not something i would try myself & certainly not go back. however the place maybe hip or cool & people may like it. cannot tell.