Reviews for Kinara (Holland Village)

AsianIndianNorth IndianVegetarian
JaneyLim

Great Indian Food

uper, super, super love the food here. our recent order was Murgh Tikka Masala and Palak Paneer, and call me crazy but i had a smile on my face everytime i took a bite of the food! we also ordered lassi -- sweet for me and strawberry for my husband, and both were also sooo creamy! for dessert, we had Goolab Jamun and i love how i can taste the green cardamom in the sugar syrup.

i love, love, love this place!
01 May 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Very Disappointing and Poor Customer Service!

I am your regular monthly visitor (my wife accompanies me on every trip) and on some occasions like birthdays, marriage anniversary, for us it is only Kinara @ Buona Vista.

The incident which took place on 17th April 2014 really disappointed me and my family members. It was @ night 8:45pm I had entered your restaurant and we left only @ 10:30. The restaurant was packed and the manager in charge was so confused. We had placed Kurkure Bhindi as starters and guess what the manager brings in the main course @ 9:30. I politely told him that we need the starter for which he says that now that main course has come why don't you eat that first (Conversation was fully in Hindi). My wife got upset because she had brought her parents for the first time to your restaurant as we had been patronizing your restaurant to our friends, relatives and anyone coming to Singapore and the kind of comment from the floor manager was very distasteful to say the least. I comforted her and told him once again politely to bring in the starters and then the main course. The starters came in 15 minutes and after some time the main course was brought. The tandoori roti was all over heated and black and it just couldn't be eaten. I told the floor manager what was going on and he said he would bring in the new rotis.

After all the tamasha, when the bill came in @ 10:30, there was no 20% Standard Chartered Discount given (my wife and her Chinese friends had been to boat quay Kinara and faced a similar situation (it was not a PUBLIC HOLIDAY OR EVE OF PUBLIC HOLIDAY) where she told at that time to change the bill and they did change after her complaining) and here again i faced this sitaution and I asked the manager why it was not given, he tells me "Sir on the eve of public holiday we dont give and plus you kept changing the menu and said the roi is bad and also for soup we dont give one by two and for you i did it as a special request (w**! Seriously the manager doesn't even know I have had umpteen times 1/2 soup with my wife) and he went on and on".

I would like you to be in my shoes and tell me will I ever come to your restaurant again

Poor Customer Service. Never visit this place. Very Disappointing!
22 Apr 2013 • 11 reviews • 1 follower

Great Indian Food

i love, love, love this place!
Mango Lassi and Butter Chicken
01 Feb 2013 • 96 reviews • 1 follower

Wonderful North Indian food!

I love almost everything here, from the food to the service to the ambience. Especially the food - though presenting almost a similar serving size, is so much more substantial and value-for-money than another north Indian restaurant I tried recently, Chat Masala.

The ambience was really cosy with very contemporary furniture. There were really very nice and comfortable sofas and cushions. Surrounding is clean too and there's privacy. Every table seems to be set in a small mini corner where even the most private of conversations can take place because there're walls behind you.

We ordered 2 naans - a plain naan and a garlic flavoured one. We also had butter chicken, palak paneer and mango lassi. We also ordered a starter - I can't recall the name but it was impressive with the side dips like jam with some tang to it. The butter chicken totally exceeded my expectations! I was also delighted I could at least eat some chunks of butter chicken and not only gravy as I had experienced in another restaurant. The palak paneer and cottage cheese was good. There was just a "Wow" factor in almost all their dishes.

Nevertheless, the garlic naan was a little on the oily side but still very fulfilling. I wasn't too used to drinking such a thick drink like Mango Lassi so that was more of a no-go for me - just personal preference, nothing to do with the restaurant. No doubt the price is a little on the steep side, but it's worth the money.

Overall, a very satisfying meal at Kinara.