Summary

salmon belly sashimi, Chawamushi, Teppanyaki, ice cream, Sukiyaki, chocolate fondue, Cold Crab, green tea ice cream, jap omelette, tofu cheese cake, Drinks, Japanese pizza, Kebabs, Pasta, Pasta Wafu, Sushi, Tempura, black curry, curry rice, egg roll, grilled rib-eye, lobsters, mixed vegetables, salads and waffle with icecream!, salmon sashimi, soba, udon soup, yuzu tea ice cream View all
Buffet, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, Girls Night Out, After Work, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Quiet, Birthdays, Chillout View all

Low price is the attraction

When I entered the restaurant, I thought food was for free !  There were so many people.

Food: I would have lunch here for the salmon sashimi, fried salmon head, silver fish and pike mackerel. the food is average,, as good as sakura but the ambience is better because it's on orchard road. it's about $23 per head for lunch on a weekday and higher during weekends. very crowded.  Remember to eat the ice cream, esp the Wasabe ice cream.

Value:  Good

Service:  Pleasant Singaporean waiters/waitresses clearing table,  good to see them at work.

Ambience: High up (8th floor) overlooking Orchard,  comfortable aircon but my two seater table was a bit creaky!

Most helpful reviews for Kiseki

Over rated - Don't waste your calories

Firstly I don't understand about the description that it is the much talked about Japanese buffet or whopping 200 items...far from the truth.

I was with my wife and kid when we decided to dine at Kiseiki's. My wife checked e reviews here and its not bad....until you taste the food.

Here is my fair review for anyone who don't want to waste time as well as driving up the ridiculously steep and narrow carpark though the lots are quite easy to find. Manual car drivers take note of the upslope gantry at entrance.

PAY BEFORE YOU EAT - You have to PAY upfront at the entrance where a cashier/manager is stationed. The entrance in is also the exit. For us, we were waiting in the queue, being the 2nd in line we were let in the last, after the angmohs. The cashier didn't even apologize or bother to explain why. This sucks. I prefer to pay COD or after meal. TIP: flash your card first and see whether you'll get in faster.

OF RAMEN & SALTY DISHES - I agree with the previous review, the ramen soup stock is salty, probably just made with some seaweed, miso stock without e pork sweetness, and a few pieces of meat, which is very very bland. The ramen noodles texture is also not good, very similiar to instant noodles though I thought instant noodles somehow tasted better. Don't take my word for it, you go try it. I bet you can't even finish half e bowl. On a side note, the free flow of soft drinks n such should be suffice to keep you hydrated.

JAP BUFFET OR WHAT ?! - It just doesn't seem like Jap food, it seems everything is either too salty or bland, and the variety is demoralising for those who are craving for just, average japanese food. Crayfish or "lobster" is pretty tasteless, yes you are right, they even have pasta. Never order the pasta, it's worse than the pasta fast food joint. Don't even bother about e cold crabs, not worth the time.

- The tempura is acceptable but I'm afraid it will be one of those few that is considered "eatable" in the entire restaurant. The sushi counter was like no business.

-You will like this place alot if you are the noisy types cos you probably have to shout to get yourselves heard at times.

-The table we got was not very clean, in the sense that it smells of dirty cloth. What I did was use baby wipes,about 5 pieces to make it easier for my nose. You may be luckier than me.

- If you are those type who will spend $80 up for 2, then all the more you should spend it elsewhere - Or do charity.

- The sashimi is so so, I wouldn't say its great. But I wouldn't whack it too. However I do sometimes feel the mochi and the waffle was god sent.

- This place is for those who know how to cook or learning how to cook. This restaurant gave me the inspiration that I can somewhat, do better dishes with better seasoning.

- The dessert counter is just what it is. e desserts looked cheap n pretty sugary n lack flavor. Not impressed. I rather have a bowl of $2 chendol at Alexandra Village.

This is way over rated food. Go if its e last place on earth.

Great management that ignore customer complaint completely

An email to the management that was ignored.   On 26th May 2014, at 7.30pm, I was in a good mood when four of my friends and I step into Kiseki outlet at Orchard Central. After we were seated, I proceed to get the sashimi from the counter. When I was there, the salmon sashimi is all taken by the previous customer, so I decided to wait awhile there for the next round. One of your staff from the kitchen approach me and tell me that I can let him know how many pieces I want so he'll cut for me. There are five of us, so I thought that each person Ten slice should be enough. So I told him I would need fifty slices. Instead of helping me, he mock me infront of the waiting crowd by saying loudly, " Fifty slices!!! ". After hearing this, I calm myself and told him it's for five person. He didn't reply, turn his back on me, proceed back into the kitchen and mock me infront of his colleagues by pointing finger at me saying sarcastically " This guy want fifty pieces for five people". At that moment I was so angry, but I told myself that I am out to have fun with my friends, I don't want to make a big fuss. So I waited for the Sashimi to be out and returned to my table after taking the sashimi. After a round of sashimi, I proceed to take somemore sashimi. When your staff saw me again at the counter, he mock me infront of his colleagues again by pointing finger at me saying sarcastically " This guy want fifty pieces for five people, Crazy". I was so furious, which lead to this complaint. Never have I been so insulted before even as a mystery shopper who put difficult scenario for staff. This staff that you have, is the worst I've seen. He could just tell me to wait but he choose to mock me infront of the other customers and his colleagues. This is the worst dining experience I have in my entire life. I'm not interested in any compensation. As a mystery shopper, I'm writing this complaint  to warn your company that such staff will tarnish any reputation your company have.

Totally not worth with the price

Last night I went for dinner with friends. This is my first time and the last time also. Sea food are not fresh at all. And also salty. There are not so much varieties. Although I tried to call the restaurant before I went so many times, they didn't pick up. I went there, I saw so many staff standing at the reception area.In total, food is bad and not worth with the price at all.

Kiseki snow cab is a Joke

Well, their snow crab is tasteless, their staff didn't clean up the black dot stick on crab arms. It is really make me wanna vomit.

salmon belly sashimi is nicest in overall but not value for my money.

The last, their never refill the dessert. I wait for 30mins still left the shop, I not sure their refill after I left or not.

Please visit my food blogs
SGMY Foods

Value for money

I saw photos of Kiseki Japanese buffet from my friend's album and was very tempted to try. So I went for the lunch buffet on a Thurday. It was priced at $19.80++ for weekday lunch.

I got there early so there was no queue. After a while it got fairly crowded.

There are many food stations to choose from, such as tempura, teppanyaki, sushi, sashimi, pasta, pizza, noodles, salad, cold seafood, rosti, desserts etc.

The staff would go around frequently to clear the used plates. Waiting time for the cook-to-order items was reasonable.

Overall, I find the buffet value for money. I will definitely go there again.

For pictures and more detailed review, you may visit my blog at MyDailyMoo.