I don't know where to begin. Perhaps it's the lack of quality, taste or value for money in this 'restaurant'. Trust me when I say that this has been the WORST Japanese buffet restaurant I've ever had the displeasure of dining in. The troves and troves of people dining here makes me question their ability to comprehend taste.
1) The sashimi wasn't fresh, as was the crabs and seafood in general.
2) Shoyu was WAYYYYY too unreasonably salty
3) The beef tasted like sawdust.
4) Eating the grilled squid was like eating leather.
5) Cooked dishes (pasta, steam rice and yaki udon) had little to no taste at all.
6) Sukiyaki broth was too sweet, thick and generally tasted like sweet sauce all the way through. (And the Sukiyaki contents were c*** as well)
7) Nigiri sushi (or lack thereof) was paltry, tasteless and non existent. (Seriously how does a Japanese buffet restaurant not serve raw fish Nigiri sushi??!!)
8) Tempura: How in the world can it be called yasai Tempura (assorted Tempura) if there is only one type of vegetable!! (Sweet potato)
9) Chuka Wakame pales in comparison even to similar offerings from low-end supermarkets. Super mediocre stuff.
10) Dessert: Limited choices, with the lowest grade of ice cream, tasteless cakes and a chocolate 'fondue' that wasn't even melted through and through. The bread and butter pudding was at least edible.
11) Chawanmushi had a taste that can't rival even the cheapest and most horrible offering from other restaurants. Processed food shouldn't be touched by anyone.
The ONE and ONLY compliment I can offer to this disaster of a restaurant is their delicious offerings of drinks (brought to you by Nestlé LOL) to help wash down the egregious after-taste of the food and to keep me sane during and after the meal.
Time to go home and call a priest to exorcise my stomach.