Review for Kiseki

AsianJapanese
Address: #08-01/02/03, Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road, 238896
02 Apr 2014
Overall

Low price is the attraction

When I entered the restaurant, I thought food was for free !  There were so many people.

Food: I would have lunch here for the salmon sashimi, fried salmon head, silver fish and pike mackerel. the food is average,, as good as sakura but the ambience is better because it's on orchard road. it's about $23 per head for lunch on a weekday and higher during weekends. very crowded.  Remember to eat the ice cream, esp the Wasabe ice cream.

Value:  Good

Service:  Pleasant Singaporean waiters/waitresses clearing table,  good to see them at work.

Ambience: High up (8th floor) overlooking Orchard,  comfortable aircon but my two seater table was a bit creaky!

green tea ice cream, yuzu tea ice cream

More reviews of Kiseki

jap buffet

this japanese buffet at orchard central is one of the most talked about japanese buffet around. and now when you talk about buffet you want to have sashimi that is refilled regularly as well as a good chawanmushi. other than that there needs to be a free flow of tempura

Jap buffet!

Kiseki is a Japanese buffet concept that is located conveniently in orchard central. It offers an extensive variety of Japanese items where by you are guaranteed to be spoilt for choice. Luckily this is a buffet and so you can get a bit of everything without worrying too much of the wastage. There are people who feel that kushin bo is still better than this place but I feel that each has it merits and if you and your friends or family are planning to look for a Japanese buffet dining place, then consider this place. It is usually one of the top few names that my friends and I will consider when we talk about Japanese buffet
Overall

Horrendous food at exorbitant prices.

I don't know where to begin. Perhaps it's the lack of quality, taste or value for money in this 'restaurant'. Trust me when I say that this has been the WORST Japanese buffet restaurant I've ever had the displeasure of dining in. The troves and troves of people dining here makes me question their ability to comprehend taste.

1) The sashimi wasn't fresh, as was the crabs and seafood in general.
2) Shoyu was WAYYYYY too unreasonably salty
3) The beef tasted like sawdust.
4) Eating the grilled squid was like eating leather.
5) Cooked dishes (pasta, steam rice and yaki udon) had little to no taste at all.
6) Sukiyaki broth was too sweet, thick and generally tasted like sweet sauce all the way through. (And the Sukiyaki contents were c*** as well)
7) Nigiri sushi (or lack thereof) was paltry, tasteless and non existent. (Seriously how does a Japanese buffet restaurant not serve raw fish Nigiri sushi??!!)
8) Tempura: How in the world can it be called yasai Tempura (assorted Tempura) if there is only one type of vegetable!! (Sweet potato)
9) Chuka Wakame pales in comparison even to similar offerings from low-end supermarkets. Super mediocre stuff.
10) Dessert: Limited choices, with the lowest grade of ice cream, tasteless cakes and a chocolate 'fondue' that wasn't even melted through and through. The bread and butter pudding was at least edible.
11) Chawanmushi had a taste that can't rival even the cheapest and most horrible offering from other restaurants. Processed food shouldn't be touched by anyone.

The ONE and ONLY compliment I can offer to this disaster of a restaurant is their delicious offerings of drinks (brought to you by Nestlé LOL) to help wash down the egregious after-taste of the food and to keep me sane during and after the meal.

Time to go home and call a priest to exorcise my stomach.

Disappointing Xmas Dinner

Been to the restaurant once somewhere in June 2015 and the food spread and the food quality was great the first time so I Decided to visit the second time for Xmas dinner celebration with my boyfriend.  It was a total disappointment the second time. We we got there at 7pm most of the cooked like chawamushi, chili Crab, udon noodles and veg is not replenish. The seafood if not fresh as I can smell stinky rotten seafood smell . The snow Crab meat texture like powder once u take ur first Chew. The clay fish worse it smell like it has rotten..  The salmon sashimi is ok. Teriyaki cook food is too salty most of the cooked food taste horrible. Compare to the first time I visit and 6 months later was such a great different in food quality and spread.  The management should do something about the food quality control. I won't visit the third time again.
Overall

horrible food with expensive pricing

I read about the relatively reasonable food n pricing online,booked a table to gather with friends.

It was a horrible dinner which I would never forget. All my friends agreed that the food was really horrible at the price we were paying.

The cold seafood..the crayfish was tasteless,not fresh and the texture was hard. The scallops were tasteless and hard. Only the crab legs,prawns,mussels were relatively OK.
Sashimi did not look appetizing with the way it was presented.
The teppanyaki beef and Lamb were overcooked,texture was really bad although the flavouring was alright.
Skipped  fried food that was processed food.
The fried tempura prawns were overcooked,the batter used did not taste right.
Chawanmushi did not taste good also,it was bland and texture was too diluted.
Desserts,...the bread and pudding looks as if it was made by an amateur cook. The ice cream taste was diluted and milky for wasabi and black sesame.

Overall it was an extremely disgusting dinner. With that type of quality of food,it should be priced at less than $30 for dinner. I don't understand why it was so crowded with the sub standard type of food.