Reviews for Klee

AmericanWesternWine
lapichichi

A refreshing concept to set the record straight

Reading some of the reviews written about this place, I can't help but feel amused at how some of the reviews just sounded plain bitter and bratty by unanimously going on to declare how much of a "small fortune" they spent somewhere else before/after they missed out on the Klee experience. Wow.

I'm not a regular patron of Klee, yet every single experience here has been nothing less than enjoyable. I first patronised the place a few months after their opening, and sure, I was taken aback by some of the restrictions placed by the management and similarly, I've had to travel all the way down only to find myself waiting for an indoor seat because I didn't reserve prior to my arrival. However, instead of complaining blindly, I chose to respect the operator's house rules and were duly rewarded with excellent service and quality cocktails that can rival the best of any bar in the world. Would

Klee is not a stuck up members only joint and it is certainly not as unreasonable as how some of the other shallow members here put it up to be. After some interaction with the staffs, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that most of the house rules here were set to preserve the quality of their products - the cocktails. They encourage the guests to enjoy their cocktails indoors so that the guests can actually experience the entire process of how their drinks have been created from scratch and interact with the bartenders. There is also a policy of no-standing guest allowed because they want to keep the size small, and ensure that every single seated guests can be attended to without compromising on the quality of their drinks.

There is no straight drinks, no on the rocks, and no vodka redbull because Klee believes that its cocktails can change the drinking culture of its patrons with a blend of their creativity and artistry. I've rejected a fair share of cocktails served to me that I didn't like, and to their credit, I have never been charged for a single one and they just kept coming back with different concoctions till they get it right, talk about customised drinks and service.

To set the record straight, Klee doesn't serve the cheapest drink around town, nor is it the most accessible, but if you are open-minded enough to broaden your cocktail horizon, then pick up the phone and make a reservation at Klee.

However, if you are in the rungs of those "I have money and because of that I get whatever I want right now", then I'm sure there are more than a few joints at Orchard Towers and many other parts of Singapore that can make you feel like a king simply because you have a few dollar notes sticking out of your trousers' pocket.

I love Klee because the concept is refreshing, and they actually have a management who have the courage to maintain their policy. People need to understand that, for service level and overall quality to improve in the hospitality industry in Singapore, cash is not king, the consumers here really do need to show some class and respect for operators here before they have the right to be taken care of, and I respect Klee for choosing to give up immediate sales figures but preserve the class and quality that all its happy customers rightfully deserve.

22 Sep 2010 • 85 reviews • 4 followers

surprise drinks

Klee is probably attractive for 2 reasons: its quiet location at Portsdown and the fact that you can ask the bartender to mix a surprise drink for you just by telling him what you're in the mood for.

I mentioned that I was in the mood for something fruity and light, and he mixed me a honeydew-flavoured drink (can't rmb what exactly it was) which was pretty good. The ambience is relaxing and the design at Klee is simple, which I liked.

Good for chilling and relaxing after work or on friday nights. However, I would think it's difficult to arrange large group gatherings at Klee because there are
14 Jul 2010 • 1 review • 0 follower

A refreshing concept to set the record straight

07 Jul 2010 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

What the ?????

This is so damn funny I don't know where to begin. So it was last Friday night and the GF and I had just finished a remarkable dinner at the Italian place next door. We decided to hit Klee for an after dinner drink because the place looked pretty cool. After a large Italian meal nothing is better in my mind than an Averna neat, or a Scotch neat. We walked it at 9pm, there were 2 other people in the entire place but all the spots were reserved. No problem, the bartender let us sit in some reserved spots at the bar until the guests arrived. I saw a nice bottle of Grand Marnier at the bar and