19 Dec 2013 • 484 reviews • 4 followers
I come to Club Street regularly and chanced upon this restaurant tucked away next to Pistola. Being in the mood for some drinks and light bites, my friends and I stepped into the restaurant.
The restaurant is long and had bar counter seats with a small alcove for groups of people to hang out. They have a variety of Japanese Beer (Kirin beer on tap and Hitachino beer in bottles), in addition to Japanese Whisky (Suntory Yamazaki, etc).
As it was a quick chill-out session, we ordered Kirin beer. For food, we ordered:
- Sashimi (Salmon and Hamachi - the fish served were fresh!)
- Sushi (Aburi Salmon belly and tuna) – being an open concept kitchen where the chef worked behind the bar counter, it was a treat to see the chef blow-torch the sushi in front of us!)
- California rolls, cucumber rolls and spicy tuna rolls
- Hand rolls (California, Tuna belly and Unagi)
- Yakitori items (Chicken, mushrooms, bacon-asparagus and sausages)
All went well with the beer.
Overall, a great place to chill, and there are tables just outside the restaurant, along the five foot way, if you want to sit outside and watch the world go by, while enjoying your drinks.