Back to KPO Cafe BarKilliney Road Post Office, 1 Killiney Road
ArcticStar
 • 22 Feb 2014 274 reviews 1 follower
Overall
I have always been curious about this rooftop bar / lounge that shares the building with Killiney SingPost branch - KPO Cafe Bar.

Interestingly, its name, "KPO", does not stand for the Hokkien version of being nosey ("kaypoh") nor does it stand for "Killiney Post Office" - it is actually the initials for its location, being situated at the intersection between Killiney Road, Penang Road and Orchard Road.

So, this little cafe bar boosts of a totally chilled ambience - unpretentious, relaxing and simply-decorated. I always try to snag a seat on level 2 - the rooftop bar that looks more classic and romantic. The music may be a little loud though, but for the patrons, it was probably what we needed exactly - something to lose ourselves in. The DJs are pretty good. It provides the ideal place for friends to gather for drinks and bites,or colleagues to unwind after a long day's work.

That night, Sylvia* and I decided to chill out there, and we were fortunate enough to get a seat at the rooftop balcony that I preferred. Outside here, music was not as loud, and we could chat over drinks, food and a cosy alfresco ambience.

Besides my Mapu Cabernet Sauvignon and her Somersby Apple Cider, we shared a variety of snacks.

First there was a Wasabi Prawns - tasted like they were stir-fried? Succulent and bouncy in texture, basked in the tantalizing flavors of spicy-wasabi - this is a must have for prawn lovers. They made for the perfect snacks as each prawn was shelled and bite-sized.

The Pork Cubes -coated lightly with flour / biscuits, fried to a perfect crispiness. The overall texture is crispy, firm, but not hard. The taste was a light saltiness that sat well on the tongues, and I loved the bite-sized cubes as well,  so easy to eat.

For more detailed information and photos, please drop by:

Must tries: anything alcoholic, pork cube

After Work, Girls Night Out